Cannot add domain to DNS because it exists, but it's not in the list.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by benbalbo, Dec 1, 2005.

1. benbalbo

benbalbo ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I'm trying to add foobar.com to the DNS manually, because creating the web site doesn't add it automatically. When I try manually, I am told " You already created a domain (SOA Record) with the name foobar.com".

Some historical info - foobar.com was the original domain I installed ispconfig under. I've had to change the hostname to use a different domain (for company policy reasons), so have replaced every instance of foobar.com I could find in /root/ispconfig and /hom/admispconfig with bleh.com.

I restarted ispconfig, and can connect to bleh.com:81 and it all works fine.

Any pointers, reasons, tips most appreciated!

Thanks
    Ben

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check if foobar.com is in any of the recycle bins.

3. benbalbo

Nope, it's not.

4. benbalbo

An update - I used the search tool to search for all domains, and foobar.com showed up. However, when I click on bearbeiten (translation doesn't seem to be working here...) I get a readonly view. If I "Delete", it goes into the recycle bin. When I empty the recycle bin, it disappears from the recycle bin, but when I search for all domains, it's still in there and still read-only...

5. benbalbo

Looked in mysql and for some reason, this domain had a different parent and group id to every other domain, and the status was 0. I set it thus: and it worked:

Code:
    select * from dns_nodes;
    +---------+--------+---------+--------+------+------------+--------+------+-------+--------+--------------+
    | tree_id | userid | groupid | parent | type | doctype_id | status | icon | modul | doc_id | title        |
    +---------+--------+---------+--------+------+------------+--------+------+-------+--------+--------------+
    |       1 |      1 |       1 | group1 | i    |       1016 | 1      |      |       |      1 | foobar.com   |
    |       2 |      1 |       0 |        | a    |       1020 | 1      |      |       |      1 |              |
    |       3 |      1 |       0 |        | a    |       1018 | 1      |      |       |      1 |              |