Cannot log into mysql server - ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Renjith, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Renjith

Renjith New Member

Hi

I have ispconfig3 in a multiserver setup containing 3 servers namely server.xyz.com(192.168.1.32), ns1.xyz.com(192.168.1.34), databases.xyz.com(192.168.1.36). The servers sit behind a netgear router. Our network only has one dedicated db server which is databases.xyz.com.

The problem i am facing is while trying to log in to the database server after creating the database name, user and password. I am unable to login into phpmyadmin of the database server using the database user name and password. It says "unable to login to MySQL Server".

Upon observation i found that the database user name, password, db name are being created in server.xyz.com which i think is preventing me from logging into phpmyadmin using the credentials.

Can anyone else help me in this matter.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

The available database server(s) is(are) set in client limits, either in the limit template which is applied to the client, or directly under Client limits if you use custom limits. Delete the database which has been created, then check both those places and change the client's database server, then try creating the database again.

3. Renjith

Renjith New Member

Hi Jesse,

Sorry about the delay....
    I went to limit templates and added my database server into it. Then i defined that template to the client. But still no joy.... It seems like the table is not being created in the database server..... Any clues....

4. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

When you add a new database, does the correct server now show up/is selected in the Server: list?