cannot see www.domain.com from network ??

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by brainz, Dec 18, 2006.

1. brainz

brainz Member

Hi Guys..

Please help...

Everything is working fine from outside the nework witha different connection.

However when i try to goto the domain www.tracshosting.com from inside the network it gives me the username and password for the router used..

any ideas please help.. I Think there is something very simple missing....

regards brainz

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Looks like your router redirects connections from internal clients on port 80 to its own configuration page.

If you dont have many computers inside your network, you can add www.tracshosting.com to the hosts file on your workstation pointing to the internal IP that you used for the website on your server. If ythis is not a option for you, I recommend to have a look at the routers manual or contact the manufacturer, if this behaviour can be deactivated.

3. brainz

brainz Member

Thankyou Till so definantly do not think it is a DNS issue.... and its a router issue the router is a Netgear DG834 router.

I look at the config page of the router and i have port forward all the ports to the ispconfig server.

But no where is the routers config does it allow for changing ports like port 80 for the config page.

4. brainz

brainz Member

Till Thankyou very much i firware upgrade the router and BANG it worked im happy now....

I am very happy now Thanks to you guys...

regards
    brainz