cant access control panel outside of LAN on 8080

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by McKay, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Port 25 will never work as your imap server.
    Probably, the "storage server" does refer to the imap server.
    Yes, and actually with a self-signed certificate you probably need to add 'allow_self_signed' => true as well.

2. McKay

McKay New Member

OK update:

After adding code below into my config everything works, login works on all domains. Now my question is what do I need to do to resolve this so I can remove that code. Will doing ispconfig_update.sh fix that and how would I work around the cert saying "server" is not in my a record?

Code:
    $config['imap_conn_options'] = array(
            'ssl' => array('verify_peer' => false, 'verify_peer_name' => false),
            'tls' => array('verify_peer' => false, 'verify_peer_name' => false),
    );
    $config['smtp_conn_options'] = array(
            'ssl' => array('verify_peer' => false, 'verify_peer_name' => false),
            'tls' => array('verify_peer' => false, 'verify_peer_name' => false),
    );

3. Casbot

Casbot Member

You mentioned it saying it couldnt connect to the Storage. Have you checked your /var/log/mail.log file? When I upgraded to 3.2.2 from 3.1.15, I got the same error that it couldnt connect to the Storage and I found in the mail.log file that it didnt start the listeners on 993, 143, and two other ports. I found that a config file got modified with with dovecot, the /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file. The very first line:

listen = * got changed to listen = *, [::]

When it did that, it wanted to listen on ipv6 and I have ipv6 disabled on the servers. And with ipv6 disabled it couldnt start the listeners on the ipv6 side and so Dovecot didnt come up. Once I took the "[::]" out of the config file Dovecot came right on up.
    So double check your listeners and make sure your mail server is listening on the ports that you're trying to connect to.

Hope that helps.

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer