Cant access Control Pannel after Upgrade to 3.2

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nomis, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Nomis

Nomis Member

Hi Jesse
    I have followed the Perfect Server guide for debian 10, and reconfigured the services, but it fails on Apache2.
    I dont have enough Linux experience to deep dive and fix issues. Also I found that some of the Apache config files are not writable / editable.

Looks like i have come to the end of the road trying to fix this server. Can I use the Migration Tool even if i cant
    get into the control panel as per the ISPConfig Migration Tool (single server) tutorial. The other issuse is I only have one decent sever and one ip. Would a backup and restore of the emails, database and websites not be a better option?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can eventually hire someone else to look into it, e.g. Florian from schaal-it.com or me (I do this independent of ISPConfig with my owj company).

You can't use the migration tool is the panel is not working.

A backup is possible ofcourse, but you might lose things that were created/updated between the last working backup and now.

3. Nomis

Nomis Member

If i do go the backup route. What is the best way to go about it.
    I cant export the database as i cant get into PHP Admin
    Do i, merely copy the following
    /etc/bind- as all i want is the zone files
    /var/www - Websites
    /var/vmail - Email
    /var/lib/mysql - Data Bases (Would it be better to do a dump)
    mysqldump --user=root --password=******** --lock-all-tables --all-databases > backup.sql

I am assuming that there is nothing wrong with the ispconfig database as the email is still working (I am receiving)