Can't Add New Sites/Domains or Databases

Discussion in 'General' started by FeraTechInc, Oct 25, 2016.

1. FeraTechInc

FeraTechInc Member HowtoForge Supporter

So I setup a new server, but I can't add any domains. The domain field is only a dropdown. I try to add a DNS zone, also only a dropdown of the current sites I have. There is no way to add a new website.

I try to add a database user. Make sure the client is the same. Doesn't show up in my list of available users.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus) ISPConfig 3.1dev
    Not sure how I managed to install the dev version but do you think that's my problem? The control panel is a mess :/

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's all fine and works as it should. You enabled the domain limit module under system > Interface config > domain. Domains have to be added under Client > domains when the domain module is on. So you have two options, either disable the domain module again (it s off by default btw). or you add the domains under Client > Domains.

RalphGL likes this.
  3. FeraTechInc

Thanks Till, that actually fixed all my problems. I just disabled the domain restraint. Never would have found this on my own.

Any reason why SuPHP wouldn't render my pages? Just shows up as text.

4. till

I wont use suphp anymore, it is slow and outdated. use php-fpm or php-fcgi instead and turn suexec on in the website.

5. FeraTechInc

OK so I tried different PHP and looks like it's the version. Is there a walkthrough on how to add PHP5.x to ISPConfig 3 on Ubuntu 16.04?

6. till