Can't add new users

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Niubbo75, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Hello to all. I'm trying to add a new user in my ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 but after I've had add into ISP users isn't really create on the system, infact his folder is not into /var/www/clients/client# (I've check his ID into ISP and it's not created on the system, I can't login via FTP also if I've create the new user also there and APACHE don't show his default index.html page because there is not his homedir).
    What I'm trying to do is to add a second website to an user that already have a website on that server (and that website works very well).
    First step I've follow was to create a subdomain (because I need to have both www.mydomain.com mydomain.com and products.mydomain.com the last one is the one I'm trying to configure) but after I've done the steps on ISPConfig nothings changes and if I go via browser on products.mydomain.com I get the default apache's index.html page, then I have try to add a new customers and setup a new website with products.mydomain.com for domain name, ISPConfig add a new user with his ID but on the system nothing change (no login allowed both via FTP and SSH, still having default Apache's index.html page).
    How can I fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, a subdomain is an additional domain of a website, it does not as its own directory, so there are no changes on the shell that you could see. This subdomain just get's added in the vhost file of the website.

My guess is that your system is not able o write changes to disk at the moment, check the jobqueue in the monitor and use the debug mode in ispconfig.

3. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Thankyou Till for your reply.

"First, a subdomain is an additional domain of a website, it does not as its own directory, so there are no changes on the shell that you could see. This subdomain just get's added in the vhost file of the website."

I have think so, infact I've try to create a new domain for products.mydomain.com with the same user first and then with a new customer, I've also try to create a someone.com domain to check if maybe the problem was the main domain name (I mean mydomain.com) that have an owner and products.mydomain.com that have another owner, but I still have no new customer created.

"My guess is that your system is not able o write changes to disk at the moment, check the jobqueue in the monitor and use the debug mode in ispconfig."
    I've checked job queue (stupid me to have not check it first!) and I have a queue start from 19 of November 2016 @ 10:25 am related to a couple of mail forwarding and than I got all the tasks I've done for this new domain. Question, how can I enable debug mode on ISPConfig?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Till, thankyou very very very much!!!
    Enabling debug mode let me see where the problem was and I have fixed it very quickly!!!
    Thankyou very much again!