Can't Login After Update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by samuch, May 26, 2007.

1. samuch

samuch New Member

I spoke too soon. I can see the sites in the menu on the left but when I click on them to administer I get the message "The following error occurred:
    The requested document type does not exist."

Any thoughts?

2. samuch

samuch New Member

I ran the update for the latest version of ISPConfig and that took care of this error. Now I just have to get my sites that weren't in the backup db imported.

3. farao

farao New Member

Hi all,

I have this exact same problem: database disappeared, I restored a backup, ISPConfig system is up and running, but when trying to manage stuff, I get the error "The requested document type does not exist".

Reinstallation of version 2.2.18 did not solve my problem, it made the database disappear again. All users still exist and can get mail and web, but administration through ISPConfig is impossible.

Please help.
    Farao

EDIT: searching through the forum tought me I need to have MySQL talk LATIN. In PHPMyAdmin, it says MySQL Charset UTF-8. How do I switch it back, and will that solve my problem?

EDIT 2: I have the following errors in my ispconfig_install.log:
    WARNING: could not dump old db to existing_db.sql
    WARNING: could not read in existing_db.sql
    WARNING: could not import existing_db.sql

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

5. farao

farao New Member

Yes I did, twice already. All the data is in there, it's just the document type error when I want to add sites or modify them.
    Can I safely remove and reinstall ISPConfig with a backup of the database, or are there more files I need to backup?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can try to update ISPConfig (i.e., simply install 2.2.18 again). The installer detects that ISPConfig is already installed and performs an upgrade. In the course of this upgrade the document types will be replaced.

7. farao

farao New Member

Like I wrote in my first post, a reinstall of 2.2.18 did not solve my problems. I'm guessing it must have something to do with de characterset, but I'm not sure how to change it.
    The steps I took:
    - first database restore (no solution)
    - reinstall 2.2.18 (no solution)
    - second database restore (no solution)
    - changed my.cnf (added character_set_server=latin1, no solution)
    - removed ispconfig database, made latin1 database through phpmyadmin, third restore (no solution).

I use Ubuntu 6.06, Perfect Setup, upgraded through the package manager, and I did an upgrade of MySQL in that process. Can it be that MySQL somehow defaults to UTF8 now?
    When will ISPC work with UTF8?
    I'm thinking of migrating to a ubuntu 7.10 server, is that advisable?

Thanks for the help,
    Farao