Cant receive Emails, but they are in the Maildir!!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pharao, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Pharao

Pharao New Member

Hi all

I dont know what do now. I have setup my postfix from new and IPSConfig also. I work with Maildirectorys and Postfix. The Problem is, sending is no problem with webmail and outlook and the Emails arrived corretctly in the Maildir from the appropriate User and i can read it from Webmin.
    BUT:
    If i try to receive the mails, neither outlook nor webmail will recieve any mails. There is no spamfilter, no antivirus, no firewall between them. All systems are on one Server with Hostname predator.h-wd.ch (Apache, ISPConfig, Webmail, PHP, mySQL, Bind etc...).
    Enclosed is the main.cf and the logfile

main.cf: www.h-wd.ch/main.cf.txt
    Maillogfile: www.h-wd.ch/log.txt

please help, i have no idea what this could be or what to do.... :confused:

Franco H. from Switzerland

:confused:

2. brainz

brainz Member

Hi Pharao,

Just a question do you have dovcot installed ???

I had this probelm that you are having and i installed postfix and dovecot and it all worked....

regards
    brainz ;):cool:

3. Jcorrea920

Jcorrea920 New Member

Hello Pharao,

Yes I had the same problem and Dovecot seems to solve everything. Whether you have it installed or not we need to know what is running on your system and what is not. What is the result of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    If you are currently using ipop3 and imap for ports 110 and 143 you need to shut off xinetd and start dovecot.

To stop ipop3
    Code:
    chkconfig ipop3 off
    To stop xinetd
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/xinetd stop
    To check if you have dovecot installed
    Code:
    dovecot --version
    If it is not installed, install it by
    Code:
    apt-get install dovecot
    Disable ipop3 and imap at startup by editing /etc/xinet.d/ipop3 and /etc/xinet.d/imap change disable = no to:
    Code:
    disable = yes
    Finally start dovecot
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/dovecot start