Centos 4.2 Install And Lots Of Questions .

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hosting, Feb 8, 2006.

1. hosting

hosting New Member

Ok somehow i managed to get ftp going , i had to create user&email and login was something like web5_username . And had to give him administrator right, than the user could login via ftp and isp ftp panel.

But there is no fancy indexing enabled or in short .htaccess not enable, can anyone tell how to enable .htaccess on server ?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

.htaccess files are enabled. Just put an .htaccess file in the appropriate directory.
    If you need an .htaccess file to password-protect a directory, you can do this in ISPConfig (in Web-FTP -> http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/manual_en/manual_kunde_en_src.htm#4_4 ).

In your /etc/proftpd.conf you should comment out the following lines:
    Code:
    <Limit SITE_CHMOD>
      DenyAll
    </Limit>
    because otherwise chmods aren't allowed over FTP.

I thought you were using Fedora... If you are using another distribution like Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE or Mandriva, there are also tutorials about them on HowtoForge. They are under Howtos -> Linux (or use the search function).

3. hosting

hosting New Member

No falko the title reads centos 4.2 so i thought it was clear but doesnt matter,
    but you didnt understand i want to enable fancy indexing , you know what that are right ? i have this in my .htaccess file :

Code:
     <IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
     IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </ifModule>

Indexing helps create list of files say if i go to some folder mysite/folder and it has .zip , .rar and other files and no index.php or index.html on it , it should show those files list there , but when i go to such a folder i get this error :

Code:
    The following error occurred:

You are not permitted to access the requested URL

Please contact the Webmaster with any queries. 

I have edited the file u said and commented it out too.

4. hosting

hosting New Member

Plus when i create a codomain , shouldnt it make another subfolder like say host.domain.com should make a subfolder called host in the folder web ? Cause that is not created . The user has -1 for number or users and domains allowed.

Even when i create subdomain (no subfolder is created though) and access i again get
    Code:

This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.

For questions or problems please contact the server administrator.

Plus why is the system backing up site ?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. If you want a new folder you will have to create a new website for host.domain.com instead of a new co-domain.

6. falko

Sorry, I've overseen it, I saw that you use yum in one post so I thought you were using Fedora.
    Have a look at this post: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14480&postcount=66

7. hosting

hosting New Member

That didnt work and i dont see any <Directory /srv/www/*/web> line anywhere so i edited <Directory /var/www/*/web> and lines below it to as stated , but still i keep getting 403 forbidden error still on all directories.Even the main web directory.

8. falko

It depends on what you specified as web root during installation if it's /srv/www/*/web or /var/www/*/web.
    Did you restart Apache after your changes?
    Do you see anything in the Apache error log?

9. hosting

hosting New Member

Can you tell me where to find the error file , cause i do not have /usr/local/apache i am running centos http with http -k start and only /etc/httpd folder exists and there is no error file there.

10. falko

The error log should be in /var/log/httpd or /var/log/apache.

11. hosting

hosting New Member

Here is the error_log that is generated when i do httpd - k start
    Code:
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] Digest: done
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable
    [Mon Feb 13 13:50:16 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) configured -- resuming normal operations

12. falko

Do you have mod_autoindex enabled in your Apache configuration?

13. hosting

hosting New Member

Yes, These are the modules loaded :
    Code:
    core prefork http_core mod_so mod_access mod_auth mod_auth_anon mod_auth_dbm mod_auth_digest util_ldap mod_auth_ldap mod_include mod_log_config mod_env mod_mime_magic mod_cern_meta mod_expires mod_deflate mod_headers mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_asis mod_info mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_imap mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_proxy proxy_ftp proxy_http proxy_connect mod_cache mod_suexec mod_disk_cache mod_file_cache mod_mem_cache mod_cgi sapi_apache2

14. falko

Do you see anything in the error log at the time you access your index directory in a web browser?

15. hosting

hosting New Member

Nope nothing in there.

only see this related to the folder called speedtest been talked about as pmed u about it.

Code:
    [Mon Feb 13 22:06:09 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:06:09 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:06:13 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:06:13 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:08:21 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:08:21 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP
    [Mon Feb 13 22:14:01 2006] [error] [client myip] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/favicon.ico
    [Mon Feb 13 22:53:46 2006] [error] [client myip] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/favicon.ico
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:09 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/robots.txt
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:09 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:17 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:22 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:28 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:32 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:36 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:44 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:47 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Mon Feb 13 22:58:48 2006] [error] [client 66.249.72.130] File does not exist: /var/www/sharedip/speedtest
    [Tue Feb 14 02:29:50 2006] [error] an unknown filter was not added: PHP

I did search for that ip and its a google inc ip so some bot.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  16. hosting

hosting New Member

I guess you cannot help no more.

17. falko

It's hard to guess what's wrong on your system without having access to it...

18. hosting

hosting New Member

Oh k i just got new set of ips so sent u pm and u can see that the indexing working on default installation, maybe ispconfig setup is not compiling some modules properly.

19. hosting

hosting New Member

Seems like i fixed the indexing problem, but does there exists an addon to put up awstats or some other sort of analyser on this control panel and how do you create subdomain again say xyz.maintld.com ? And wildcard domains can be created also?

20. falko

No, no add-on. You'd have to do this manually.

If you want xyz.maintld.com to be a web site of its own, simply create a new web site in ISPConfig with the hostname xyz and the domain maintld.com.

If you want to add xyz.maintld.com to an existing web site, add xyz.maintld.com on the Co-Domains tab of that web site.

No, wildcard domains don't work.