Centos 4.2 Install And Lots Of Questions .

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hosting, Feb 8, 2006.

1. hosting

hosting New Member

Ok i still dont get it, i made a user with some domain.com (not reseller just simple user) now how can that user create subdomain ? Cause i trying to make a subdomain say xyz.domain.com using the codomain i put host as www
    domain name : xyz.domain.com but when i go to www.xyz.domain.com it says IP Shared . I dont know how to resolve it , and also how to make nameservers like ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com since i got now 4 ips ?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Only resellers and the admin can create new web sites. Otherwise a client could create as many web sites as he likes, regardless of how many web sites he pays for...

You mean you created a web site with the hostname xyz and domain domain.com, and on the Co-Domains tab you entered www as hostname and domain.com as domain? This would resolve to www.domain.com, not www.xyz.domain.com. If you want www.xyz.domain.com, use www as hostname and xyz.domain.com as domain on the Co-Domains tab.

Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6292&postcount=4

3. hosting

hosting New Member

Darn another problem just arose, some guy i asked to secure the server managed to remove the mysql totally from the server and httpd without asking me if someone was using them and now i cannot run /root/ispconfig/uninstall command so i can do reinstall as it gives this error :
    /root/ispconfig/php/php: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there any way to clean up the stuff ? I got the symbolic links to the websites i had but no home/ispconfig folder.

Anyway to confirm that its completed removed and reinstall it fresh?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To uninstall ISPConfig when the uninstall script is not working anymore, you can delete the /rootIispconfig and /home/admispconfig folders. then make sure you delete the mysql database of your previus installation. In you case, you can simply delete the folder named like the database name in the /var/lib/mysql/ directory.

5. hosting

hosting New Member

K i shall give it a try. but what about the folders in var/ ? there are symbolic links to site still.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You are right. To remove ISPConfig completely you will have to remove the folders and symlinks in /var/www too.

7. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I wrote that before

This will make ftp works

edit /etc/pam.d/ftp

Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #%PAM-1.0
    auth required pam_unix.so nullok
    account required pam_unix.so
    session required pam_unix.so
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------