Centos 7.1 install errors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kephra, May 28, 2015.

1. kephra

kephra Member

I have done a few installs, and with 7.1 there seemed to be a lot of errors which made me consider reverting to Centos 6.5. However, I discovered that most of the errors were not causes by the Perfect Server instructions, but were caused by the Centos distro I used.

For example, I installed IspConfig on a vps hosted by vultr.com and used their Centos 7.1 distro which was available as dropdown menu choice. This resulted in quite a few errors, like the firewall not working properly, nmtui not finding a network interface, and email setup errors. The solution was to use a distro direct from a Centos site. Once I did that, the install went well, except for 2 remaining errors: there is no webalizer in the distro, which I really don't care about, but the second seems more serious.
    On Step 15, installing mod python, a fatal error occurs, or at least I think it does:
    Here is the output:
    Step 15
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/mod_python/version.py", line 3
    version = "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
    SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal
    writing byte-compilation script '/tmp/tmp__omUT.py'
    /usr/bin/python -OO /tmp/tmp__omUT.py
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/mod_python/version.py", line 3
    version = "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
    SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal