CentOS 7

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by johanl, Jul 15, 2014.

1. johanl

johanl New Member

Hi,

I am trying to install ispconfig3 on CentOS 7 x64 but I am getting this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- _____ ___________ _____ __ _ ____ |_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_) /__ \ | | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _ _/ / | | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` | |_ | _| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| | ___\ \ \___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, | \____/ __/ | |___/ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> Initial configuration Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version. Following will be a few questions for primary configuration so be careful. Default values are in [brackets] and can be accepted with . Tap in "quit" (without the quotes) to stop the installer. ERROR: Cannot write to the /var/log directory. Are you root or sudo ?

Maybe ispconfig3 isn't ready yet for CentOS 7? Anyone has an idea about this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Centos 7 is not supported yet as there are still some required packages missing in epel repo. As soon as epel repo is complete and out of beta, then we will start to test if ispconfig is working.

But the above error indicates that you are not logged in as root or that you tried to execute the installation with sudo or that you did not disable selinux as described in the installation instructions.

3. johanl

johanl New Member

Ok, I've switched to Ubuntu 14.04 now. The message about /var/log still appears. I am not local to the system but it's a VPS to which I connect using SSH. So I have to use my computer's browser to do the installation. Should I give rw to /var/log to the apache user temporarily?

4. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

From which user you are logged with ssh on the VPS server, you must perform all the tasks with root user otherwise you should use sudo before all the commands.

5. johanl

johanl New Member

I logon as root via ssh, but why would that matter? Remember, I am using the browser of my local (Windows) system..so I access the webserver like any other internet user.

6. johanl

johanl New Member

Ahh..you don't install ispconfig like the usual php based stuff...but via php -q install.php. Done that, installation finished, only when I access http://myserver.mydomain.com:8080/ I get a blank page. No error, no login prompt, nothing...

7. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Which webserver software do you use, apache or nginx?
    Any errors in Apache's error log? Or if you use nginx then do you get any error there

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. johanl

johanl New Member

Client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html

Apache doesn't like port 8080?

9. johanl

johanl New Member

Now Apache listens to 8080 too only I get a Forbidden: you don't have access to this page / message.

10. till

ISPConfig has many system requirements, these have to be installed before you install ispconfig. The exact installation steps are described in the perfect server guides. If you leave any software out that is described there, then ispconfig will not work or will work only partially, the guide for Ubuntu 14.04 can be found here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-s...2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

If you did not follow that guide, then reset your vps again to a minimal ubuntu system and start from chapter 6 of the install guide.

11. johanl

johanl New Member

Will do. But I can leave out stuff like MyDNS or BIND right? Because I don't need that and I just want to setup one domain with ISPConfig.

12. till

Yes, you can leave that out if you dont want to use DNS in ISPConfig.

13. johanl

johanl New Member

Followed the how to and same result..when I access http://myserver.mydomain.com:8080/ I get nothing..no login prompt, just a white page :(

This is the last part of the error.log under /var/log/apache2/ :

Wed Jul 16 09:57:09.011206 2014] [core:notice] [pid 1825] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:44.208332 2014] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1825] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.170487 2014] [suexec:notice] [pid 5235] AH01232: suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.227246 2014] [auth_digest:notice] [pid 5237] AH01757: generating secret for digest authentication ...
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.238541 2014] [:notice] [pid 5241] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 5241)
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.499186 2014] [:notice] [pid 5237] mod_python: Creating 8 session mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.499247 2014] [:notice] [pid 5237] mod_python: using mutex_directory /tmp
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.558531 2014] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 5237] AH00163: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/mod_fastcgi-SNAP-0910052141 mod_fcgid/2.3.9 PHP/5.5.9-1ubuntu4.3 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.7.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1f configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Jul 16 10:01:45.558605 2014] [core:notice] [pid 5237] AH00094: Command line: '/usr/sbin/apache2'

14. till

Any errors in the suexec.log file?

15. johanl

johanl New Member

Can't find a suexec.log anywhere...

16. till

The log is /var/log/apache2/suexec.log

17. johanl

johanl New Member

I've searched / for that log file, it's just not there...

18. till

and you enabled suexec as described in the tutorial? I use the tutorial regularily, so I'am sure that the guide does not contain errors.

19. johanl

johanl New Member

a2enmod suexec rewrite ssl actions include cgi results in:

Module suexec already enabled
    Module rewrite already enabled
    Considering dependency setenvif for ssl:
    Module setenvif already enabled
    Considering dependency mime for ssl:
    Module mime already enabled
    Considering dependency socache_shmcb for ssl:
    Module socache_shmcb already enabled
    Module ssl already enabled
    Module actions already enabled
    Considering dependency mime for include:
    Module mime already enabled
    Module include already enabled
    AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.conf:53
    Module cgi already enabled