Certbot and ispconfig 3.1.2 How to install correctly

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Oitsuki, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

I have installed the letencrypt but at the moment I have been a problem and now I try to install certbot but everytime it doesn't work. Do you have a tuto to explain all the process*
    I am on Jessie debian 8
    https://certbot.eff.org/#debianjessie-apache

Step 1 : install certbot

Code:
    sudo apt-get install python-certbot-apache -t jessie-backports

Step2 : installation of certbot certificat

Code:
    certbot --apache 
    Some domain appear
    what is the good process ?
    1 -Select all the domain and continue the process or clic to cancel ?
    When I clic all domain and Ok, Certbot include new files in
    Code:
    /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
    like xxxx.org.vhost-le-ssl.conf,
    I clic on easy
    I don't know if it's correct and also it create 1 certificat and apply on all domain. ​
    2 - -Select all the domain and or clic to cancel
    3 - Unselect All domains and click to continue ?
    4 - Unselect All domains and click to cancel ?
    Step 3 : Certificat creation with ispconfig
    Depends on his action when you go after in ispconfig and you select ssl, letencrypt and create new certificat, It does'nt work
    I think the path certbot / letencrypt it not the same, How to change exactly this path and where it can found.

I am litle tired. if you have a good tuto to folle the step it will be good for everybody.
    Thank you.

2. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

Found my solution on debian jessie 8

Note
    After and update of ispconfig, Resync all.

Step 1 : install certbot
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install python-certbot-apache -t jessie-backports 

Step2 : installation of certbot certificat

Code:
    Code:
    certbot --apache 
    1 - Clic on cancel
    2 - easy

Step 3 Ipconfig action
    1- go to website / your domain
    2 - Clic on ssl and LetEncrypt
    (don't go in ssl section and don't create a certificat . if you have a ssl certificat delete the certificat and all inside this section)
    that's all.

After I think you can create a cron to renew your certificat

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

the step 2 has no action in reality but if you follow the tutoral on Jessie certbot, you have that, I explained a solution is someone create this action.
    the step 3 is normal action if you want activate letencrypt on your website.

5. till

I was talking about your first post.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Also for anyone else finding this post, don't install the `python-certbot-apache` package, but rather `certbot` (which will pull in `python-certbot` as a dependency). python-certbot-apache is used to request certificates and modify apache config to use them, which is what ispconfig already does; I imagine you might break you vhost setup by using python-certbot-apache with ispconfig (though I haven't actually had such a problem myself), and at the very best case it will do nothing at all.

7. tal56

tal56 Member

Is this really the suggested method? I'm about to do the upgrade to 3.1.2 and need to install letsencrypt, but the newest Perfect Install guide for Nginx says to install the python-certbot-apache. Can anyone please confirm? Thanks

apt-get install python-certbot-apache -t jessie-backports

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It's what I suggested. :) I'm running certbot from jessie-backports on an apache server and it works fine with just certbot and python-certbot:
    Code:
    # dpkg --list | egrep certbot\|letsencrypt
    ii  certbot                              0.9.3-1~bpo8+2               all          automatically configure HTTPS using Let's Encrypt
    ii  letsencrypt                          0.9.3-1~bpo8+2               all          transitional dummy package
    ii  python-certbot                       0.9.3-1~bpo8+2               all          main library for certbot

I would guess that should be just 'python-certbot', as installing apache tools on your nginx server just doesn't sit well. But I have not followed that guide or otherwise tried myself.

9. tal56

tal56 Member

Yeah that's what has me confused, because the newest Perfect Install is actually for Nginx... Someone posted a comment in the perfect install that say sit should be python-certbot-nginx, so I'm confused which one to use now lol.

10. till

It does not really matter :) All the mentioned options are working from source install to the various certbot, letsencrypt, with and without nginx and apache packages. ISPConfig just needs any version of certbot or letsencrypt. The nginx tutorial should just install python-certbot as Jesse said, but the apache tools don't harm there and the nginx tools are not needed but won't harm as well. I'll correct the tutorial but if you installed python-certbot-apache then that's fine as well.

11. tal56

tal56 Member

Brilliant, thanks for answering Till.