cgi-bin on fedora 5

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Boon-Dog-Danny, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Boon-Dog-Danny

Boon-Dog-Danny New Member

what do I need to edit to get the cgi-bin inside the web folder? It dont seem to work outside the web folder.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Boon-Dog-Danny

re

ya know I thought maybe it was suspose to be there because its there on all my servers..

I tried to download the zip file from that post but I dont think the file works because I just get one file and its corupped.. tried like 5 times .. tried a few times with my anti virus off. I read up on the cgi. and tried to grab that file yesterday to see if I could get it tested.. to no avail..

anyway this is the deal Till.. I got this server going.. it all works.. to put a free host up.. I got one of those programs that run the banner ad in exchange for free hosting, and I'm trying to install it.. actually I'm waiting for the support to install it as I have no clue, it comes with a install it script, that is a cgi pl file

I'm guessing the call would be ...mysite.com/cgi-bin/install-it.pl ?
    but that did not work.

You or Falco interested in doing a install? 50.00 U.S. I have everything and the install instructions.. let me know.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please send an email to info [at] projektfarm.de .

5. Boon-Dog-Danny

re

Hi Falco,

well the install people did the install.. but I think the cgi-bin is pointed to the wrong place..

interested in taking a look at this? I sent the info..get it?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007