change default email from squirrelmail to roundcube in Ubuntu

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Victor Dugas, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

ya...I did that...hotmail still is a no go :/ wonder why...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Probably because you're still on that blacklist. But hotmail is often a troublemaker... Does not accept your mails but you'll receive a lot of spam from hotmail ;)

3. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

ya go figure...so what now? Just wait it out?

4. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

to be honest...ive always hated microstiff...they never invented anything except the BSOD...but they are the richest company in the world...wonder how many gates had to kill to get there rofl

5. till

Yes, I would wait a few days. Does that blacklist has no delisting option at all? I guess there is not 'that one' solution for hotmail and in your case, the blacklist is probably the real source of the problem and hotmail is just the symptom of that blacklisting.

6. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

yes...id agree...my IP is listed with spamhaus...they support a number of companies that offer mail. I cant send mail to my partner...he is with a company called vianet...they also use spamhaus...glad I dont know whoever it was that had my IP before I did ;)

7. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

interesting...i applied to have spamhaus remove my ip from their list...went through the verification process...and this was the end result:

So...ill give it a few days and try again...thanks.

Attached Files:

8. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

till, if I feel forced to change my static IP address, will there be any configuration needed within ISPConfig to be concerned about?

9. till

The only place where the external IP is used is DNS, so when you use the DNS server in ISPConfig, then you'll have to change it there. Otherwise there are no changes required when I assume that the internal server Ip does not change.

10. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

you are right, the internal IP is static to my router for obvious reasons...thanks again...wow, ive practically had a course here...please let me know something if you will...this business is a new startup...but once it is off and running, I would like to make a larger donation than the cost of the manual...please let me know where and how I can do this...I dont know how I would have come this far without your help...thanx...

ahrasis and till like this.
  11. till

Thank you very much, it would be really great if you would support our work here at Howtoforge and at ISPConfig. The "Support for ISPconfig + Manual" (donation) button is a 'price is guide' price, so you can choose any price >= 5 EUR in the shopping cart during purchase process. Or you contact me directly here https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=contact and let me know the amount that you like to donate and we'll find the best way to handle this.

12. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

Thats no problem. I have one thing I just noticed which might be why I am still not getting messages past certain servers...

Attached Files:

13. till

The dkim selector that you used in ISPConfig is really 'google'? because normally the selector is 'default'. and you added the dkim key for this selector as DNS record on the authoritative DNS server of your domain?

14. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I have no idea what you just said...

15. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

ok, i do know what you just said...I did not know what to put for selector...and was hoping that it had a default for that...so no i did not select google as selector, just that whenever you search what to put for selector in the DKIM testers online, they all put google for that...I basically took a course on DKIM signing since you mentioned it...for the past 10 years as I mentioned, I hosted sites with hosting services...less work and headache...but it seems that DKIM became an item right around that time (May 2007, although...it was first thought up in 2004) and since I was using hosting services, I really didnt need to bother with that...now I do...so long story short, Im not sure I understand what a selector is...but ur not here to give me a course, that will just have to be the next thing I research...that said...I did not put a selector when I created the keys in ISPConfig.

16. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I also noticed, while I performed the following command:
    host -t TXT dkimrecord
    My result was:
    Host dkimrecord not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Although, when I look at the raw headers of emails sent from my server, there is the DKIM Signature attached. Do I sound confused?

17. till

That's fine, and it that case the selector is 'default' and not 'google' but in the screenshot you posted in #32 above from a third party website, you entered google as the selector and not 'default'. You can see the selector name, the key and also an example for the correct DNS record that you have to add in the authoritative dns server in ISPConfig when you click on the mail domain. and then opne the dkim settings at the end of the page.

18. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I really am not sure what to do now...

Attached Files:

19. till

When you add dkim to your email domain in ispconfig, then an example for the dns record will show up on th page. This will look like this for a fictional domain test.tld:

Code:
    default._domainkey.test.tld. 3600   TXT   v=DKIM1; t=s; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA18lM6wzyX+Zb11cgFQkAmwOaFIBBHOfEgp4RloFmQGyR+zviVnkF1jWJpNbhHd4wCFDRBlA01MqO+2IB0yQXUAZJK1v8zW62dXJ5xaOzfB+DCz6WOvDFceIPSmu9C8hkoPLuOh4rAS4/plht88QiSqZqvfI7zblIGIUDFILa5XUiBjLhvFNa+8Gi8MqqGW5i8LAK7yUiyldW1op9nqEeTCDVEyXaRKBpL5+X/WA1F66EWQdRB7L9hcF8RlSe70DtJ8xOl7O5e7v+a0DG/64wXjhMZXk1QeEV7ikzx8oR+VIR1XGCPCSmz6oyYF0nIOg0C2GfQgBZBspP4GgJME+rewIDAQAB
    This TXT dns record needs to be added in the authoitative DNS server of the domain test.tld. As you can see in this example, the selector of this record is 'default' After you did that and waited until the new DNS record propagated to all servers, you must be able to query this TXT record with command:

dig TXT default._domainkey.test.tld

20. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

ok well, it appears as though i do check out...im getting it rofl...selectors...

dig TXT default._domainkey.inteljunky.tld

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-3ubuntu0.16-Ubuntu <<>> TXT default._domainkey.inteljunky.tld
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 21087
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
    ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;default._domainkey.inteljunky.tld. IN TXT

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    . 10800 IN SOA a.root-servers.net. nstld.verisign-grs.com. 2017110200 1800 900 604800 86400

;; Query time: 15 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
    ;; WHEN: Thu Nov 02 13:33:18 EDT 2017
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 137