change ispconfig 3.1.5 running with php5.6 to php7.0

Discussion in 'General' started by reisetroll, Jul 18, 2017.

1. reisetroll

reisetroll New Member

hi,

I have a good working config with debian 8, php7.0, nginx and mariaDB.
    recently changed all websites to use php7.0 and I just wanted to do the same for ispconfig as its the last app running on php5, which I wanna get rid of.

so I changed in the vhost-file of ispconfig fastcgi_pass unix:/var/lib/php5-fpm/ispconfig.sock; to fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;

the whole php-block:
    Code:
     location ~ \.php$ {
      try_files $uri =404;
      include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    #fastcgi_pass unix:/var/lib/php5-fpm/ispconfig.sock;
      fastcgi_index index.php;
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
      fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
      fastcgi_buffers 256 4k;
      fastcgi_busy_buffers_size 256k;
      fastcgi_temp_file_write_size 256k;
      fastcgi_read_timeout 1200;
            fastcgi_param HTTP_PROXY "";
      }

which resulted in error.log:
    Code:
    2017/07/18 09:56:03 [error] 26229#26229: *45126 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied i
    n /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/datalogstatus.php on line 33
    PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '../lib/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/datalogstatus.php on line 33" while read
    ing response header from upstream, client: 193.81.116.83, server: _, request: "GET /datalogstatus.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "138.201.90.124:8080", referre
    r: "https://138.201.90.124:8080/index.php"
    2017/07/18 09:56:06 [error] 26229#26229: *45126 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  require_once(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied i
    n /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php on line 31
    PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '../lib/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/index.php on line 31" while reading resp
    onse header from upstream, client: 193.81.116.83, server: _, request: "GET /index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "138.201.90.124:8080"
    installed both, php5 and php7.0, from the offical apt-repository.

looks like, I missed something. or is php7.0 just using a different user with insufficient permissions?

thx for help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig runs under user 'ispconfig', the PHP-FPM process that you try to use runs as 'www-data'. If you want to run ISPConfig under a different FPM process, then you have to create an FPM pool running under the user 'ispconfig' and not use the default pool.

3. reisetroll

reisetroll New Member

thx, that what the missing link!

got it up and running now :)