Change of hostname in postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hairydog2, Nov 29, 2005.

1. hairydog2

hairydog2 New Member

I have changed the hostname and domain that the ISPConfig server is using, adding a second IP address for it to use. With help from here, getting it to run on a different IP was no problem (I still can't change the port, but that's another matter)

Today's snag is the mail server. When people connect to it, it is giving the old hostname in its greeting instead of the new one.

I guess that I can change the content of /etc/postfix/main.cf, amending the line that says

myhostname = servername.com

Would this be OK, or would ISPConfig overwrite my changes from somewhere else?

What I'm concerned about is that this would probably mess up the certificates connected with the postfix installation. Does this matter? If so, how do I fix it?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can change that in the main.cf. ISPConfig does not change the main.cf after the installation.

3. hairydog2

hairydog2 New Member

Will it matter if I do not do anything with the ssl key generated when installing postfix?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I dont know. I would just try it, if you get SSL errors when you connect you can change the certificates then.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you want to change the certificates, simply re-run the steps to create the certificates from the "Perfect Setup" tutorial that applies to your distribution. :)