change report client / site

Discussion in 'General' started by fpl, May 5, 2006.

1. fpl

fpl New Member

hello,
    where i can change report client / site ?
    I would change client form a site, for a another client...

thanks for your help

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly are you trying to do?

3. fpl

fpl New Member

I would modify site manager from a site.

I have ISP client 'A' who manage site '1.tld'
    I want change IPS client 'A' by ISP client 'B'

thanks for your help

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  4. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

I noticed something weird. I havent been able to track down the bug yet, but one of my sites has changed "owner".

The client has gotten ownership of a site which is supposed to be owned by another client.

I'm also trying to figure out how to change it back, lots of the code is in german so it's a bit troublesome. However Im also trying to find the bug.

5. falko

Can you reproduce the behaviour?
    Maybe it was some other process that changed the ownership, maybe acron job or something like that.

6. Norman

Under Debian 3.1 followed perfect install guide..
    The traffic stats didnt work (webalizer still hasnt updated yet), the directory was made by the script but they are empty.

30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null

So I decided to run these scripts manually (stripping out the time marks infront). Not sure if that'd change the ownership of the site to another client.

But how can I get the client the ownerships back?

7. Norman

Clarification. This is in the WebGUI the ownership has changed.
    The site is listed under another client instead of the original one.

This is where Im trying to get it to return to the proper client.

8. falko

Have a look at post #8 of this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562

Did you make manual changes in the ISPConfig database?

9. Norman

Will attempt this.

Not until after the ownership change.
    Trying to find somewhere to change any userid to get the site to belong to the other client.
    Any hints on what posts to change?

However there's one thing other which I might think of, and that's that I upgraded mysql from 4.0 to 4.1 a couple of days ago. However that didnt affect ISPC at the time. No fault such as this.

10. falko

Did you make changes - yes or no? :confused:

11. Norman

I did try to change the user_id of the domain (after this error started occuring), but changed it back when it didnt help. Now I removed the domain and re-added it with the original user and it seems to work for now. I'll keep watching for changes.

I think the cron is working properly now though.

I think it's isp_nodes and isp_dep tables which controls client and site relations. However, is there any schematics on how it is done?

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  12. arnaud

arnaud New Member

how to change the client of a site

what is the method to change the client of a site ?
    I've created some sites that are in production and I've attributed them to a wrong client. What can I do ?

13. falko

There's no way to move a web site from one client to another. The only solution would be to delete the web site and then recreate it under the correct client.

14. arnaud

arnaud New Member

Thank you for your answer

15. fpl

fpl New Member

hello,

we can't modify db ? isn't in isp_dep ?
    The website isn't empty :(((

merci

16. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please explain your problem more detailed.

17. fpl

fpl New Member

It's the same problem of my initial post. (sorry for my bad english...)

I want move a web site form one client to another. But your reply :
    But my web site isn't empty ! If can't delete and recreate...

My question is : is it possible to change client to another, no with ispconfig web gui, but in mysql ? which table ?

18. falko

You must edit isp_isp_web, isp_nodes and isp_dep. But this is very risky, you can mess up your database! :eek: Make a backup of your database before you do this.

19. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

I'm running into the same problem; I guess that the enhancement request is to have the facility in an upcoming release to simplify changing the relationships between resellers, customers and websites.

I'll post it in the appropriate forum :)