change service-monitoring

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by trueshanti, May 29, 2006.

1. trueshanti

trueshanti New Member

Hi

i would like to change the default monitored services .. since i run apache2 on debain and disabled POP3 in favour of POP3-ssl , SSH-Port to non-default etc.

ispconfig keeps sending me service-down-messages for the Webserver, where it looks for httpd , instead of apache2

also changing default-ports for ssh in the firewall-settings is not allowed

where can i find the settings for this in the php-libs or templates ?

tnx4support

kisses

-c-

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Make sure your Apache is listening also on localhost!

You can change the monitoring behaviour under Management -> Services -> Monitoring.

3. trueshanti

trueshanti New Member

hmm .. apache is not listening to localhost ( the default apache host should do but is not included in httpd.conf, since ispconfig manages this files - and doent apply settings for localhost ) .. anyway, that was not my Q .. i'd like to monitor some custom-ports and looking for the proper php-libs to change this

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Check the Listen directives in your Apache configuration. I guess you made it listen only to a specific IP address.

You can change the monitoring behaviour under Management -> Services -> Monitoring.

5. trueshanti

trueshanti New Member

it seems to me that the default services cannot be changed .. i applied a new monitoring "webserver/80" on a valid IPadress ( not localhost )
    that stopped ispconfig from sending me messages , but didnt change the Status in the Services-section to online ..

anyway ... the apache-ports-file is also created by ispconfig , so to let it listen to localhost, ispconfig must write this into ports.conf ( i only have server-ips with applied webservices in ports.conf )

if i change it manually it would be overwritten soon

am I totally wrong with something here ?

rfc

-c-

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The Status information is not connected to the monitoring tool at all.

The apache ports file is not written or changed by ISPConfig. The only File that is changed by ISPConfig is the file Vhost_ispconfig.conf.

7. trueshanti

trueshanti New Member

well i had might mistaken some backup-files to be created by ispconfig .. my fault :eek:

thank you

-c-