Changing defults of IspConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by lrider, Feb 22, 2008.

1. lrider

lrider Member

Hello,

I am changing some IspConfig files for an automatic round-robin generation of DNS records for a domain.

To do so I am changing the following files (up to now):

1) /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/pri.domain.master
    2) /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php

I know that the first file should not be touched and instead put a new one under "customized_templates" but I would like to know if there is a way of doing the same with the second file.

Also I would like to know if there is a simple way of re-creating all the dns files of all the domains that I have created on my system.

The thing is that after updating this files, it would be very nice to give an order to IspConfig that wille execute as if all the dns records had been changed, and therefore, their files re-created using the new-code and new template.

Thank's in advance....Larry.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This cant be done for the second file.

set status = 'u' in the database table dns_isp_dns for all records that shall be updated. Then change one record in the ispconfig interface and ispconfig will update all records or execute this command on the shell:

touch /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/.run

3. lrider

lrider Member

Lets see if I got it right:

Instead of modifiyng "/root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php" a could place a modified file as "/root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/customized_templates/ispconfig_bind.lib.php" and ispconfig will execute this file instead of the original one.

Please confirm if I understood correctly.

Thank's in advance....Larry.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, you can not do this for class files, only for template files.