Changing IP address of ISPConfig 3 installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mannekino, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Mannekino

Mannekino New Member

This Wednesday I am going to move my server to another data center. I will also be receiving a new IP address. I have one physical server with VMware on it and one VPS with and ISPConfig installation running on Ubuntu.

I would like to know if there are any specific files aside from /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces that I need modify because of the IP address change. Or will it suffice to simply change the IP address in the "Server Config" section of the ISPConfig web interface?

Thank you for your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to change the IP address in:

/etc/hosts
    /etc/network/interfaces
    /etc/resolv.conf

In ISPConfig, change the IP address in the server settings and if you added it under system > server IP, then you will have to chnage it there too. If the IP has been selected in any websites, then go to tehse websites, ensure that the new IP is selected and click on save (even if the new IP shows up, its required to click on save once).

3. Mannekino

Mannekino New Member

Thanks for the help.

4. sumfvm

sumfvm Member

Sorry for the up but on my side (ISPconfig 3.0.5.3) I had to execute these two commands:

Code:
    perl -pi -e 's/old-ip/new-ip/g' /etc/bind/*
    and in the next SQL query on dbispconfig database:

Code:
    update dns_rr set data = 'new-ip' where data = 'old-ip';
    If I don't execute this last SQL query the bind domain configuration is not taking in account in ISPConfig even if the Bind entries are modified...

5. sergio.morales

sergio.morales New Member

Suppose I screwed up

Suppose I screwed up and changed the IP on the server, updated /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfaces, but FORGOT to update the IP address inside of ISPCONFIG?
    How can I correct this folly?

sERGE:mad:

6. Poliman

Poliman Member

I have ISP 3.1.11 and under System --> Server IP addresses I have few fields and one of it is "Client". Currently this field is empty but I can choose some. What it could give when I would choose some client? Second thing - could you tell me what is "Server IPv4 mappings" setting?

7. Maria Guaño

Maria Guaño New Member

Hola tengo el mismo problema, clone mi ISPconfig y no me deja ingresar con la clave de admin ya que no cambie la ip en el isp via web, trate de ejecutar esos comandos que mencionan arriba pero nada. Necesito su ayuda por favor.

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Could you write in english, please.
    Did you change the server ip address, or is the problem only that logging in to ISPConfig panel fails?