Chmod problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Lord Wodan, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Lord Wodan

Lord Wodan New Member

Hi,

I have setup ISPconfig and at first it seemed to work fine, I have FTP acces, all ok

Now I tried to install zenphotos and Icyphoenix (phpbb sort of)

My problem:

When I upload files with ftp, the owner is web5_sander and the group is web5.

When the script of zenphotos wants to write, he is user www-data. Even with chmod 777 on the maps, it wont work!

When i manually set the owner ship to web5_sander:www-data the script is able to create the folder, but this time with www-data:www-data.

so, the new files cannot be written.

how to resolve? (an end user should not need to alter the rights manually right?)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Install suphp.

3. Lord Wodan

Lord Wodan New Member

Till,

Could you be more specific? I found suphp in synaptic and then???

What does it do? how does it work? Why?

Could you give me more info then " install suphp" please?

4. till

5. Lord Wodan

Lord Wodan New Member

with all respect but I would like to understand something en learn from it. Just installing from a howto will fix it but i would not understand.

6. till

Ok, and you used the search function and did not find all the posts in the forum explaining SuPHP?

Please use the search function first and if a topic is not already handled on the forum, then post it. SuPHP is very command and we have many threads about it here in the forum. Just enter suphp in the forum search functiona nd you will find them.

What is suphp for (from the SuPHP homepage):

http://www.suphp.org/Home.html