Choose Reseller Limits-Template

Discussion in 'General' started by Poliman, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Poliman

Poliman Member

Hey
    I defined few "Client and Reseller Templates". When I try add Reseller with "Master template" as "Custom" all things are ok - reseller is added to group of resellers. But when I choose something another than "Custom" in "Master template" reseller goes to group of clients.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means that you have set max clients = 0 in your template. A reseller that may not have any clients is not a reseller, it is a client.

3. Poliman

Poliman Member

Where can I set it? I haven't this problem only when I choose "Custom", which is default as I suppose. Or what is the name of proper option.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. till

There is a field "max clients" when you create a reseller. The value in this field must be >= 1, otherwise the reseller is a client and the system converts him automatically to a client and removes the max clients field.

5. Poliman

Poliman Member

Thank You for advice. I don't want to create a new topic so I will write here. I have next problem. When I create new FTP user I can't enter to "Options" tab. Only "FTP User" tab is working.

6. till

Are you logged in as admin?

7. Poliman

Poliman Member

I am.

EDIT
    Now - I don't know which way - it works. There I have "Directory" option with path /var/www/clients/client5/web1.
    1. Is this default path where I will be redirected after connection via FTP as FTP user?
    2. Next question - all listed catalogs belongs only for local user, yes?
    I have read that - from path - "client5" and "web1" are respectively some group and some user. I didn't create these.
    3. I logged as FTP user (username "test" with pass "tescik") via FileZilla and I have access to directories which belongs to which user - web1 or test? Website is connected with "test" client.
    4. How open in web browser created website via ispconfig? Firstly set some dns records, not needed any redirecting to i.e /var/www/clients/client12/web2/web directory?
    5. I try add dns zones. Inside field NS1 i put google dns - 8.8.8.8 - and after click "Create DNS-Record" I got message "NS1 contains invalid characters."

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. Poliman

Poliman Member

6. In System -> Server Config I have all tabs locked without Server tab. What could lead to this?
    Can anybody answer or explain what should I specify?