Chrome Dev > Your Internet access is blocked ?

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by Nexus Fred, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Nexus Fred

Nexus Fred Member

Hello
    Until now, when I wanted to connect to websites hosted on my local server (VMWare/ISPConfig), I got this warning message which gave me the option to continue in “Unsafe” mode.

upload_2023-9-6_0-54-28.png

Now since the last Chrome Dev update (Version 118.0.5979.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)) I have this strange message which leaves me no choice.

upload_2023-9-6_0-47-42.png

I tried changing the Chrome Dev security settings, but it doesn't change anything.

If I try to connect to sites with a standard version of Chrome or Firefox and I don't have this problem of total blocking. Everything works normally.

Someone have any idea how to bypass this total restriction ?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is not related to ISPConfig, so I have moved your post.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is new versions of browsers enforce having valid certificate on website, and do not allow exceptions anymore.
    However, there should be in browser Settings a way to except a given URL from HTTPS check.
    Other way is to find old version of browser, which asks continue anyway.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    ahrasis and Nexus Fred like this.
  4. lukafred

lukafred New Member

Hi, when I try to open any site on Chrome or Internet Explorer I get an error message ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED: "Your internet access is blocked... firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection." Other devices are opening sites fine over the same WiFi connection so it's not a problem with the router - on the other hand all browsers are being blocked so it's not a problem with Chrome either. Reset/disabled my firewall (Avira) and added Chrome to the exceptions list etc, restarted my computer. Anyone know how how to fix this?

5. Nexus Fred

Nexus Fred Member

Hello @lukafred. It was a Chrome Dev bug.