Clean Up Directory

Discussion in 'General' started by Michael Ecklund, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Michael Ecklund

Michael Ecklund New Member

I had several clients, websites, ftp, database, shell, etc all setup usign ISPConfig3. I figured it would be easiest to just delete the client, and anything attached to the client would also get nuked.

From the ISPConfig3 UI area, everything is gone. Which is good.

However, when I look at my process list, I still have processes related to (deleted clients) and when I look in `/var/www/clients/`, those clients still exist.

I checked the job queue, there's nothing in it.

I cant even delete these folders as a root user, I get permission denied problems.

I want to remove all this unnecessary clutter and processes because these clients and their aren't even used anymore.

How can I do this?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You probably have the immutable attribute set on something if you can't remove it, I think there's an option to set that on either the client's root folder (/var/www/clients/client#/web#/) or maybe the web/ folder under that - you can verify that with lsattr, and remove the attribute with "chattr -i", and then you should be able to remove the folders.

What are the processes? Any php daemons could be killed .. other than that, there shouldn't be much in a default install, unless you setup a cronjob, logged in and ran something, etc.