client and spam filter fields stay empty for email domains

Discussion in 'General' started by gmelis, Oct 4, 2016.

1. gmelis

gmelis New Member

Hi. I just upgraded to version 3.1 stable, and I noticed I cannot make the client field of an email domain stick, nor the spam filter. The options are there, I make the choices, I press save, and nothing happens. Both fields stay just as empty as they were. The red button flashes on the top of the screen with the number of pending actions, but the fields sys_userid and sys_groupid are not updated in the mail_domain table. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you able to select a client from the list? or is the complete client list (dropdown) empty?

3. gmelis

gmelis New Member

The choices are there, just as they should be; the saving is not working correctly. I tried creating a new client, a new domain, deleting and recreating the domain, etc. but when I save I see in the database that, no matter which client I selected, client id '1' has been inserted in the table and even this client's data is not displayed on the screen. Same thing happens with spam filters.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. till

Maybe the database scheme is not completely updated. Please try this (from within phpmyadmin):

1) Do a full backup of the dbispconfig database (just to be sure).
    2) Do a backup of the data only (not the structure), chose that you want to have full inserts (inserts that contain the names of the table columns).
    3) delete all tables form dbispconfig database.
    4) Import the ispconfig3.sql file which is in the install/sql/ sub folder of the ispconfig tar.gz file.
    5) empty all tables (not delete them).
    6) import the data backup that you exported in step 2).

5. gmelis

gmelis New Member

That seems to have fixed it. Searching the install log though, does not uncover any errors reported during the installation process.

6. till

It is possible that you had an issue with an update before that was just not visible until we changes the queries to use this missing field in 3.1

7. gmelis

gmelis New Member

This server was installed some time late this spring, and I don't think any updates to ispconfig had been applied before yesterday. Still, I'll check once more all log files, and if I find any errors I'll post them below.

8. gmelis

gmelis New Member

Just found this in the ispconfig_install.log:
    Tue Oct 4 18:14:59 CEST 2016 - [ISPConfig] - /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php, Line 49: read in pre_update.sql
    Tue Oct 4 18:17:21 CEST 2016 - [ISPConfig] - /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/update.lib.php, Line 49: read in pre_update.sql
    ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 11: Duplicate column name 'default_slave_dnsserver'