Client quota error.

Discussion in 'General' started by vk3heg, Jun 23, 2016.

1. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

My Server is a Debian 8 based on the perfect debian 8 setup guide, using 3.0.5.4p9

I have limit templates setup for webspace/email quota space.

If I create a new email user for a client, and set the quota to 6144 or any other value as the admin user everything works as it should.
    However if I do the same process as the account owner I get the following error's, and the quota can only be set to 0.
    I'm using templates and they are assigned a main template.

ERROR

1. The max space for mailboxes is reached. The max. available space in MB is: -141312
      Invalid quota value. Allowed values are: 0 for unlimited or numbers > 1

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

An admin is not bound to any quotas, so he is allowed to override client limits like the root user on Linux. As client, you can not set a value that is higher then the limit. The negative value just means that you have already setup quotas as admin for this client that are above the limits that you have set.

3. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

HI Till,
    the template has the quota set to 6144. Yet when I login as the account/domain holder, and try and create a new email account the quota is listed as zero. Putting anything in that field or leaving it at zero still results in the above error.

Is there anyway of sending you the template to have a look at it?

4. till

And this is the first email account, no other accounts exists for this client? I mean the whole client, not just this domain name.

5. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

No. there are another 24 email address under this clients account. (They have a limit of 50 email address).
    I have also tried it using another clients account (They have a limit of 10 email address). Quota is set to 2048 in the master template for that account type.

6. till

The quota is calculated for ll accounts of a client and your exceeded the quota already with the existing accounts. A client would not be able to exceed the quota but as an admin, you are not bound to quotas, so you assigned already 141312 MB more space to the accounts then you have set as limit in the client limits. The calculation is easy to understand:

quota sum of all mailboxes of a client must be lower the the total quota amount that you have set in the client limits. Currently the sum of all accounts that you have added for this client is larger and not smaller then the limit, thats why it tells you that you have a negative quota or in other words, it tells you that you as a admin assigned more space to the mailboxes then what you have set as limit for the client.

You have 2 options:

1) Lower the quotas of the already added mailboxes so that their sum is lower the the max quota that you have set for this client.
    2) Raise the quota for the client.

7. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

So that means that the quota is set per client and not per email mailbox for that client?
    For my limit template that means that 6144 x 50 = 307200 for the quota setting for that template.

Is it possable to have the quota box automatically set a value when the client adds a new email mailbox?
    I can see them leaving it at zero, and then one email user might use all of the client's email storage quota.

8. till

Clients can nots et the quota to zero when you set a quota limit for the client, so it is not possible for a client to assign more space to its mailboxes then what you have set as overall mail quota in his limits.

9. vk3heg

vk3heg Member

Thanks Till.
    Perhaps this could be noted in the manual for 3.1 when it's release. I don't recall seeing it in the current manual (I have 1.4 from 22-2-2013).