Client username length bug

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bwragg, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bwragg

bwragg New Member

I just had a reseller contact me about 4 sites that they setup but were unable to login to each sites control panel.

After a bit or playing around I figured out that they were setting up the clients username (on the "Login Data" tab) as something like "looooooooooooooongdomain.com" . When they pressed save it appeared to get saved (no error) and when they went back to the tab the same username was displayed.

But when I do a select * from sys_user I can see that the username thats actually getting saved is "looooooooooooooongdo", the rest of the username is being cut off. This is due to the username having a limit of 20 chars.

So firstly, is it possible to change the length of the field without any dire consequences to the workings of ISPConfig?

Secondly, if it field can't be changed, is there a form that can be changed to limit the max characters to 20 on the "Login Data" tab.

Thanks,

Benjamin

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This filed can be changed in sys_user. Please set the username field in sys_user to varchar 255. I put this issue on the bug list.

3. bwragg

bwragg New Member

Thanks Till. Just changed it using

Code:
    alter table sys_user change username username VARCHAR(255);
    Seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

Cheers,

Benjamin