Config FTP and Access it

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sarhan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sarhan

Sarhan New Member

Is there any instructions to change ftp port access ?
    And when i install ispcofig iam trying to create FTP-Account for site and try to login at it and it not working.

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then you are either not using FTP (many poeple mix up FTP/FTPS with SFTP, SFTP is an SSH protocol and not FTP) or you closed ports that the FTP daemon is using or you use an incompatible FileZilla version, FileZilla released an update recently which makes it incompatible to pure-ftpd, try a different FTP client.

4. Sarhan

Sarhan New Member

So can i disable pure-ftpd and enable vsftpd ?

5. till

No, vsftpd does not support virtual users. The issue is actually the client, not the server. Pure-ftpd works fine, but FileZilla tries to enforce TLS 1.3 even when the FTP server does not support it yet. Either you use a different FTP client like WinSCP or FireFTP or you must install a newer pure-ftpd version which supports TLS 1.3. There ares everal threads on that topic in the forum.

Steini86 likes this.
  6. Sarhan

Sarhan New Member

Could you come to PM ; to check the issue in my FTP service from ISPCONFIG?

7. till

I'm not doing remote login support. If you need help by remote login, contact Florian from ISPConfig business support team here https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig and sign up for a support plan or ask for a quote for the support.

But all is said about that topic already, use a different FTP client with FTP or FTPS mode (not SFTP as thats not FTP) like one of the mentioned clients and if it still does not work, then there is probably an installation error and you should reread the perfect server installation tutorial to ensure that you did not miss to install something and also you should post the connect log from your FTP client and the result of the test script: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

Sarhan likes this.