Configuring Awstats for ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by feanor, Sep 15, 2005.

1. feanor

feanor New Member

Hi, I've built a script and a template config file for awstats to work automatically with ispconfig/apache2. Just put it in a cron job and let it do the work. It works for me, though I don't use any authentication for the stats themselves.
    Also, it needs a template file for awstats.
    Last, you need to add a couple of lines in your apache2.conf file to create a logfile that can be used by awstats properly:

-----
    LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" virtual_combined

# Add this log file for use with Awstats
    CustomLog "|/root/ispconfig/cronolog --symlink=/var/log/httpd/awstats_access_log /var/log/httpd/awstats_access_log_%Y_%m_%d" virtual_combined
    -----

Use it at your own risk :)

Konstantinos

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Thanks a lot! :) :) We'll test this.

Could you please upload it again as tar.gz? I've just changed the forum settings to allow the upload of tar.gz files. :)

3. feanor

feanor New Member

Done, Thanks :)

4. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

How to install it ?

Hello with all

I am happy that there is a system for this Awstats scripts for ispconfig, but I would like to have myself how one it install, I see just that it is necessary to add lines in apache2.conf, of agreement, but, one does not need install Awstats, is to configure it in such manner, so that it functions with the Web sites.

The only thing which I miss, it is an easy way, to install it under debian or another distribution, I know one will say to me, will seek on the Web, one does not have all the people available on the site to do it.

Thank you in advance

MM ;)

5. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

anyone have tried this?
    I've ended up installing ispconfig for almost 5 times due my lack of knowledge, I just like awstat very much and want to have it.

thanks

6. DevilAtWork

DevilAtWork New Member

Install Awstats on ISPconfig

Hi Feanor,

I am a newbie and interested in your awstats scripts for Ispconfig but a little bit confuse on how to install it...how to use the local and template.. can you elaborate more on the steps?

Fyi, I installed awstats RPM.

7. DevilAtWork

DevilAtWork New Member

I have manage to install the awstats....but can I know how to put the link into the ISPconfig? I tried to use the update manager to add a url but it shows the following error:

Installations Anweisungen nicht gefunden: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp/9e0ce6c98028e12d881c6618b75be317/package.ins

Somebody please help me! :(

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The update manager is for installing .pkg upadte packages. as far as i know there is no AWStats package that can be installed with the update manager.

The error you got means that the package you uploaded is no valid .pkg package for ISPConfig.

9. Hellbound

Hellbound New Member

so how can we have the link the ISPConfig's tools page? can we manually add that ?

10. till

You can change the file:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/inhalt_tree.php

or you build a new .pkg installer for awstats. There must be a thread about building .pkg packages anywhere in the forums.

11. DevilAtWork

DevilAtWork New Member

Thanks a lot, Till. I have tried to look into inhalt_tree.php but had a hard time because mostly written in German. Anyway, I added an Awstats directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools and redirect a link to the domain's awstats page. It works if I hard code the domain url. My problem is I need to replace this link with a varieble domain url...i tried to use $web["web_domain"] and other variebles but fail. What I want is "http://www.domainname.com" instead of "https://www.domainname.com:81" to run the command "http://www.domainname.com/awstats/awstat.pl?config=www.domainname.com".

Would appreciate your help. Thanks.

12. till

This will not work like this, because one client can have more then one domain and the name of the domain is no not available in the tools section.

13. SleeperZ

SleeperZ New Member

I've made a slight change to the shell script which installs an .htaccess file and secures the script. using the .htpasswd set for the other stats.

If anyones interested send me a PM and i'll put it up.
    ====

As an aside, anyone got any idea why the stats would not be showing after successfully running?

I get: Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html page) The datadir is /var/lib/awstats...

Cheers.

Found the fault if anyone has a similar problem: The ownership of the datadir (/var/lib/awstats) needs to be owned by the webserver. I was running my webserver under a different username / group to the default.

14. fobicodam

fobicodam New Member

I cant understand anything..

i mean.. is it too dificult to do a step by step for newbies? i mean.. i dont want to be a linux programer, i just want to download something and make it works ! ive installed awstats.. now what?? i need to configure all the .conf again? can it be done automaticaly?

15. till

No. But AWStats is not supported by ISPConfig. You cannot expect a software that is not supported to work automatically. ISPConfig uses webalizer as statistics package and this works without manual configuration.

16. funkyade

funkyade New Member

This script looks great!

Just one question, how do I use it?

Do I need to edit the paths inside the script?

I get errors regarding 'localhost' when I run it from the command-line.

cheers...

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  17. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Create a cron job for it. Run
    Code:
    crontab -e
    as root.

What are the exact error messages?

18. punto

punto New Member

Feanor,

Thankyou for this script and template, seems to be working a treat :)

Cheers

Matt

19. taylan

taylan New Member

how to check webalizer log

Hello
    how can i check webalizer log through the web browser and. is there any
    pkg for awstats thank you very much

20. till