Control Panel Query

Discussion in 'General' started by tech_paul, Apr 16, 2009.

1. tech_paul

tech_paul New Member

I am implementing a virtual hosting server and I have doubt on which control panel suits best to me. Can you please help me on this? What is the best between ISPConfig 2 or 3? Does ISPConfig have a limit on how many sites it can manage? (In the first page I saw "sites 0 of 25") Does this mean that it only supports 25 sites?

And what you tell me regarding Webmin compared with ISPConfig?

Thanks for your help

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For new servers it is recommended to use ispconfig 3.

No. the only limit is your hardwre.

This is named paging ;) It shows the sites from 0 - 25 on the first page, 26 - 50 on the second and so on :)

Webmin is a general purpose controlpanel to manage server settings but it is no hosting control panel like ispconfig e.g. as ispconfig manages also clienst with their access rights to sites etc.

3. tech_paul

tech_paul New Member

Thanks for your reply. So the best thing is to use ISPConfig 3 for clients (to manage their site) and then use Webmin for me (to configure the server). Can I do this please? or they can't work together?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use 2 controlpanels on the same server as webmin will destroy the configuration made by ispconfig and vice versa. There is no need to run webmin on a ispconfig server.

5. tech_paul

tech_paul New Member

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will do as you suggested :) have a nice day!

6. tech_paul

tech_paul New Member

I have another questions please. Can you please tell me from where can I access Webalizer? Is there an add-on on ISPConfig 3? How can I do it please?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Try http://<sitename>/stats.

8. tech_paul

tech_paul New Member

Hi folks,

thanks for your reply. I've tried that but it is telling me for a username and password. which username and password shall I enter please?

9. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can find the username in the .htpasswd file in the stats folder.