couple of questions about various bits.

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Apr 4, 2017.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    got a couple of questions about a range of subjects, hopefully simple.

1. php and caching: i had migrated some sites, all configured to use php-fpm (5.6) but only just noticed that they weren't configured to use a socket for php-fpm. i was put onto this after noticing that google search results were linking to site content on the server, but using the domain name of another site on the same server (quite a few different domain url's actually)
    i'm assuming this is either the php-fpm socket config, or the sites sharing the cache.
    i followed the perfect server guide for ubuntu 14.04 with apache, so memcached, xcache etc is installed.
    if it isn't the php-socket, and is the caching, how do i keep each sites php cache separate? i would have thought the perfect install guide would have already taken care of such issue.

2. i'm using ubuntu14.04, i want to go to 16.04, but would prefer to clean install a new server rather than upgrade. any issues with replacing a server this way? it's a multiserver install. i know about backing up /etc /opt et al. i assume doing a new perfect install (same name and ip) will cover /etc, so restoring /opt /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/ /etc/apache2/sites/available (and enabled) would cover it, /var/www is a mounted nfs share.
    just shutting down the old server and putting the new one in it's place would be ok?

3. additional php versions, i've already got this, default is 5.6, additional is 7.0.3 (would reverse that with a new install as per question 2)
    what's the best way to install any php extensions to the additional php version. eg, apt-get install php-tidy would only do the default php. would apt-get install php7.0-tidy install it to the actual installed location (/opt/php-7.0.3), or would it assume everything's in the default location?

4. mysql 5.7 mysql has changed how it handles passwords, with auto-expiry etc by default. how does ispconfig 3.1.2 handle this?

thanks
    lee.

2. nhybgtvfr

as an update to question 1. i no longer believe the issue is anything to do with the php-fpm sockets or caching. although if caching is shared, i would still like to know how the results from each site are kept apart.

i'll create a new thread specifically for the problem i'm experiencing with content from other sites being displayed.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run a php cache like xcache, then disable that.

4. nhybgtvfr

ok. i assume from that response, that xcache does not keep the results from different sites separated.
    in that case, why would it ever have been included in a perfect server guide?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a small percentage of servers that has such an issue, that's why I recommended you to try to disable it. I nowhere said that there is a general issue with xcache and I never encountered it on any system that I setup or worked on.

6. nhybgtvfr

ah ok. i've removed it from that server now anyway.
    the issue still remains, but as i said, i now believe that's an ssl/letsencrypt issue rather than caching. but i've got another thread about that problem now.