Create imap folder

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alex916, Dec 2, 2005.

1. alex916

alex916 New Member

Hi to all, I'm new with imap and searching in the forum, i haven't found nothing.
    The problem is: i installed the server with mailbox format and configuring outlook express with imap, i found 3 folder: inbox, sent item and draft.
    Reading the forum, i changed the imap server and i configured ispconfig with Maildir format.
    It's all ok but i have only inbox folder and in outlook express i can't create any other folder.
    What can i do?
    Thanks and sorry for my poor english.:D

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which distribution do you use? Which IMAP server?

3. alex916

alex916 New Member

Debian 3.1
    courier-imap courier-imap-ssl

4. alex916

alex916 New Member

I followed the "ISP Server Setup with DEBIAN 3.1" document and all work. I tried to install webmail and it works, i can create also new folder but, running outlook express configured to imap server, the only imap folder that i see is Inbox.

5. falko

You have to create the desired folders manually (or change the ISPconfig sources)...

6. alex916

alex916 New Member

ok, thank. I'll try and study about it.

7. dimsh

dimsh New Member

When using courier-imap, it (by default) does not implement shared folders, while DoveCot-IMAP does by default.

so you can not make directories along the same level with INBOX directory, but inside it.

using outlook express you can right-click on the INBOX folder and choose to creat a new folder there, it will create it.

you may want to read about shared folder feature of IMAP protocol to enable folder at the same level.

8. falko

9. alex916

alex916 New Member

I tried maildirmake and i make folder and shared folder but, there is a way to make draft,tray and sent item folder.
    If i create them manually it's ok but if i send a mail, it doesn't moved in the Sent Item Folder. In the same way, if i delete a mail, it doesn't go to tray folder.
    thanks for the time.

Alex

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This looks like a missing or wrong setting in your email program. Send and deleted emails where moved by the mail client, not the server.

11. TimeJunky

TimeJunky New Member

Hello,

is there any solution yet?
    The easiest way seems to copy existing folders from another email account. But I don't know if there is any disadvantage.
    As a result, I am thinking to install uw-imapd and uw-imapd-ssl. Can ISPC handle this better?

12. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is not a problem of your Imap daemon, you may create any maildirs winside your mailclient. The best is to install either courier or docvecot.

13. TimeJunky

TimeJunky New Member

I changed in the main.cf:

#mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
    #to
    mailbox_command =

#and added localhost.localdomain to mydestination
    mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain

I guess, that mailbox_command made me troubles. Now, the folders are made automatically after receiving initial mail.