Create web folders on two different hard drives

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Dzizis, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Dzizis

Dzizis New Member

Hello

can ISPConfig be set to operate with two www folders?

/var/www/ (on vda)
    /var/www2/ (mounted vdb)

Thanks

2. Ilko

Ilko New Member

Hi,
    I am interested in this too. cPanel can be set to do it so is it possible in ispconfig3 as well . cPanel stores data in /home/user/, you can have /home2/user/, /home3/user/, /homeN/user/ and whatever. Can ispconfig do the same?

Thanks.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig stores data in different folders per user. The default folder layout is /var/www/clients/clientN/webN/. All client folders have to use the same root folder e.g. /var/www

4. Ilko

Ilko New Member

Hi Till,
    thank you for the information. What I believe Dzizis meant and I mean is that in cPanel/WHM, the default folder layout for client's accounts is /home/user/, if your /home/ suddenly goes out of disc space, or there are too many users in the /home/ folder. Due to many concerns you can just mount new disc to /home2/ (for example) on the server and create new cPanel user accounts on /home2/user/, so is something similar possible with ispconfig3? For example mount a new disc at /var/www2, or /var2/www/ and create new user accounts in there if the default one /var/www/ disc is full, or there are too much many clients on this disc.
    Thanks,

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer