Creating Images Of Your Linux System... Issues

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by toyito, May 11, 2006.

1. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You mean you want to create a VPN? But then the traffic would still go over the internet, using your slow internet connection.

2. toyito

toyito New Member

Hi Falko

Nop, im thinking on use a new NIC whit an address from my local network...i mean, i have my Public IP 168.243.202.xxx to connect to Internet on eth0, i add a second NIC eth1 whit an 192.168.0.xxx address to join my local network, so i used this nic to make the backups, actually i made the BU in about 2 minutes...now the problem is that i cant get this image from the client (to restore) i have some error codes like:

when trying to create Install diskette:

So i try to create the diskette in my win box using rawwrite, and adding the local.cfg file (created in a linux box to get the correct linebreaks)..but when i boot in a new machine after a yellow welcome screen i get some errors and the process stops and dont restore the image:

Another thing: to use the si_mkautoinstalldiskette command on the image server i need to install previusly syslinux whit:

Code:
    apt-get install syslinux
    because the mkauntoinstalldiskette didnt find the isolinux.bin file

Any comments...thanks a lot

Hector

3. falko

Is it a normal floppy drive? A USB floppy doesn't work, for example.

4. toyito

toyito New Member

Its a normal Floppy...
    One more thing... the image server and the golden client machines are both AMD64...but all are running fine....

comments??

Hector

5. falko

Then this looks strange:

Maybe the problem is that SystemImager doesn't support x86_64 systems yet. :confused:

6. toyito

toyito New Member

:( Maybe....do you know any program to get hard disk drive images that support AMD64 at this time....

Hector

7. falko

Unfortunately not... :(

8. nostrada

nostrada New Member

Systemimager

I have the same Error a simple

apt-get install systemimager-boot-i386-standard

on Systemimager-Client resolve my Problem.

Maybe this help you