Creation of webs and subdomains

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by smartcall, Feb 9, 2007.

1. smartcall

smartcall New Member

I noticed once that bind wasn't resolving one of the domains. The issue was that the client added subdomain with '_' in the name.
    Could there be a check for illegal characters and illegal subdomain names?

Regards

2. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

i'm not sure if this is already possible, but is it possible to direct subdomains in a web to a different directory? ie when the user goes to /var/www/webX/web for their www.domainname.com, can they then create a subdomain under their domain and tell apache to point to /var/www/webX/subdomain_html or something? allowing differing content easily for the subdomains of a site?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This feature exists already, its anmed co-domain and you can enter the directory in the options of the co-domain. If you dont like the way ISPConfig dies the redirect, have a look in the tipps and tricks forum for other apache rewrite rules.

4. smartcall

smartcall New Member

Please guys, notice that my original post has nothing to do with your responces!

Thanks.

5. NETabuse

NETabuse New Member

ahhh, ok,, ;) i thought it was a bit too simple a problem that you guys wouldn't have supported it already. excelent. I'll have to test that out.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I noticed that, but didnt had the time to answer both posts at once.

To smartcall:

There is already such a check. We will have to look at the regex why it allows a underscore.

To NETAbuse: Please make a new thread the next time :)

7. smartcall

smartcall New Member

Thanks.

I anticipate the next release. When also the remoting framework will work.

Regards.