Cron jobs seem to fail

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ZeroEnna, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Hello there,

On my server I run an internet radio station, that requires to have a service started every day on 4 p.m.
    However, we need to shutdown this server via website, so the user that runs the service must be the same that runs the cron job.

I set up a cron job on ISPConfig under the same website, however, it fails. The cron.log shows this:

Code:
    mkdir: unable to create directory „/var/www/clients/client10/web56/var“: File already exists
    mkdir: unable to create directory „/var/www/clients/client10/web56/var/run“ nicht anlegen: File already exists
    mkdir: unable to create directory „/var/www/clients/client10/web56/var/run/mysqld“ File already exists
    ln: Creating hard links „/var/www/clients/client10/web56/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock“: File already exists
    usermod: no changes (Message occurs three times).

The script I want to start is in /var/www/clients/client10/web56/web/sctrans
    and contains the following commands:

Code:
    find /var/www/kibo.fm/web/sctrans/mp3 -name "*.mp3" > /var/www/kibo.fm/web/sctrans/sc_trans_040/test1.lst
    /var/www/kibo.fm/web/sctrans/sc_trans_040/sc_trans start

The first line generates the playlist (in order to get any newly uploaded files), the second line starts the bot.

Maybe you can Help me. I'm running ISPConfig 3 under Debian 5.0.8 on a STRATO vServer.

Looking forward to your suggestions

Regards

ZeroEnna

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The entrys in the cron.log arre ok. They just indicate that the jail has already been created successfully.

You created a jailed cronjob and most likely your script wants to access resources which are not inside the jail, so it fails now.

Which cron type have you set in the client limits of the client that owns the website?

3. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

It is set to "URL Cron", however Setting it to full cron doesn't change anything. Neither does it write anything into the log file nor does the command run successfully.

4. till

Thats correct, as this setting affects only new websites and not existing ones. But you confirmed now that the problem in your case is indeed the cron setting that I guessed.

Please delete the conjob and create a new one.

5. ZeroEnna

ZeroEnna Member

Well guess what? It didn't work. I deleted the cronjob, re-created it and set it to 3.33 p.m. and still nothing happens. Do I have to delete the whole customer in order to get the cron job running?

6. till

Ctonjobs on Linux dont know the path variable, so you have to specify every command with ist full path. Run:

which find

on the shell to get the full path of the find binary and change your cronjob accordingly. Then test the command that you use as cronjob if it runs on the shell when you execute it manually.