[CUSTNO] as user prefix

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by vogelor, Jan 2, 2007.

1. vogelor

vogelor New Member

i think, there is a problem with for example [WEBID] as user prefix.
    If you like to move a complete web from one server to another,
    it could be, that there is already a user calles web_1 at this server and so it is impossible to move.
    Maybe it is much better, to use something like [CUSTOMER_NUMBER]_
    as prefix.

If you say, on server1 custno starts with 100, on server2 starts with 200 and so on, the customer-number is unique and everything works fine (i hope)

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

The senario you sketch here is probably correct, but you have to know that ISPConfig does not support multiple servers (yet).

3. vogelor

vogelor New Member

i know

i know this, but i HAVE more than one Server and i think it is a good idea to be "compatible to the future". If my system is up and running /about 100 webs per server for example) i have no chance to change this!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think it should not be a big problem to implement this.

5. vogelor

vogelor New Member

help you

First i have to have a look at the source-code.

Then i'd like to help you.

My "problem" is, that i have to set up an running ISP-server til the end of this month. This means the next few weeks i have "some other problems". When the server (servers, we need more than one) is up and running, i'd like to help you but (sorry for that but) i am first programming the features i need

for example:

every 'alias' of a domain (you call it subdomain or codomain but in fact it IS a alias not more) can have its own individual document_root (but all together have ONE set of limitation means for example you have 2 mysql databases but 4 "subwebs". If you create 2 databases in some of the webs, you can't create any more.

the user can "aks" for a extra-domain or for a ssl certificate but not create it (this means, the user has NOT the gui to do this, she instead has a form she can fill out and the form is posted to ME. i am setting up the domain or extra Database or SSL-certifikate and descide to write an invoice for this extra item or not). I need this because i don't think any of my customer can create, buy and install a ssl-certifikate by it's own. The "easy thing" like email setup or so is still the "old" one with the "direct gui"

the next missing thing is something like a easy cron-table

the next missing thing is something like a rootkithunter (there is one at sourceforge and i hope i can implement a adon for ISPConfig

please don't understand me wrong! ISPConfig is a very good tool. i am actually thinking about plesk or ISPConfig to use and i think i am using ISPConfig (today or tomorrow i will have a descission). If i will use ISPConfig for my servers i try to help you making this very good tool even better! (if you like to have help...)

6. till

Users can have more then one website in ISPConfig and manage them trough their account. So you just create a new website instead of using a co-domain if the additional domain shall have its own web root directory.

Thansk for offering to help in ISPConfig development! Every help is welcome :)

7. vogelor

vogelor New Member

i know this

i know this, but every new website has it's own restrivtion (i think). if i say a web has for example 2 Databases and the user creates TWO web, she can create 2 databases for web1 and 2 for web2. What i need is that a user has (for example) 5 domains (lets say 5 webs) has 10MB webspace (for ALL webs together) ans 2 Databases (also for all webs together). i think this is actually NOT possible, because every web has it's own restriction. if i allow the user to create 5 webs, she has (for example) 5 * 2 DB, 5 * 10MB and so on. or am i wrong?

8. till

Yes, thats not possible at the moment. Only resellers have this kind of overall restriction, so if you dont need resellers, you might be able to use them instead of clients.

9. vogelor

vogelor New Member

not a good idea

no, can't do that. i tried this out, but if i use reseller instead of customer every customer sees the button to add new customer and sees itself as its own customer inside the tree. this is to hard for my customers to understand ;-(

10. till

Thats true :)

But maybe its easier to remove the client add button and the client in the tree then to change the way ISPConfig handles domains and co-domains. If you add some code to the reseller insert and update functions, that adds a "hidden" client record you dont need the add client button anymore and the client cant see itself inside his account.

11. vogelor

vogelor New Member

of course, it IS!
    the problem is, that you don't HAVE a Customer-Number. You "say" Customer-number = <<first customer number of this server>> + <<doc_id>>.

the only think i can do is to say the prefix = "10" + (<<doc_id>> as 5 digits) that means for example "1000001" for the first Customer of the first server. at the next server i set the prefix to "11" + ... so the number of the first customer is "1100001".

Any other idea?

12. vogelor

vogelor New Member

THAT SOUNDS good!

first i try out if this is what i need (i can test this with buttons, in the test case i am the customer and i am not worried)

if this is what i need i can change this inside the source-code
    can you please give me a hint what files (names) i have to change to do this?

13. till

The tree menu is build by the file ispconfig/web/isp_manager/inhalt_tree.php. the php code is in the last quarter of the file. If you check the doctype_id of the icons before you add them, you can exclude all icons with the doctype_id of the "Kunde" doctype.

The upper menu is defined in the file ispconfig/web/isp_manger/lib/module.inc.php, just commend out the code that displays the client add icon.

To insert a client record automatically, when a reseller is created, add the code in the file ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_reseller.lib.php in the function insert and maybe code to update the client record in the update function.

14. vogelor

vogelor New Member

i tried it an it will not work.
    these are the problems:
    1) if a user is a reseller, the user can change the IP of the web (it is a good question, if the reseller can do that???)
    2) if i set the quota of the reseller to 30MB and add two webs with 20MB both then this is too much (2*20MB = 40). But what i want is, that both webs have a maximum of 30 together so this will also not work
    3) the user can edit all the restrictions of his web -> too confusing for the "normal" customer
    4) the user has always a tab "Web Verwaltung"
    and so on.

so this will not work.

i think, i use the following solution:
    a customer is a customer (fine ;-)
    I create the webs, the customer needs
    the FIRSTweb has the ability to create Databases
    the user has to tell me, what quote she needs (i know all my customers well, they are not "mass"-customers like 1und1 or strato has) and i split the quota to the webs.
    i don't care about the email accounts
    The FIRST web has the ability to create SSL
    and so on.

the only help i need from you Till is: how can i avoid, that the user can add new Co-Domains. This is something i have to do (because i have to buy the domains, register them in my own DNS-Server and so on). The best should be if the user has a "add-Button", but this button opens "my page". This page creates a email and sends this mail to me.

15. till

If you set the number of co-domains to the number of domains assigned to the website, the user is not able to add more co-domains.

16. vogelor

vogelor New Member

that's right, but he will see the button to do this and then (after filling the form) he will get a error. this is confusing! The next problem is, the user HAS more domains he can add (for example 5) so the error message is not correct and the user asks me, what's going wrong, because there are 5 domains in the package and after 2 he gets an error. what i need is the button, but MY OWN FORM who tells me (per mail) that i have to do this.

the problem is the mix of what's in the webhosting package and what the user can do.

There are some things, the user can INITIALIZE (like new domain or SSL) but not DO (the user can't change my DNS-Server and he can't buy and install a SSL certificate).

These things must be visible to the user but only send to me, not done directly at the server. (not sure if you understand what i mean. if not, please ask!)

Other things are for example additional software the user has to pay extra or one more db ore something else. If the user needs this he can click elsewhere, fill out a form and i get the wish per mail and do whatever i have to do...

17. till

You may add code to the "onShow" event (function show of the event class) of the domain and database forms that redirects all users except the admin user (userid 1) to a form where he can order additional services.