Custom PHP.ini Config Error

Discussion in 'General' started by FSNTiger, Oct 18, 2016.

1. FSNTiger

FSNTiger Member

I have a server setup with around a dozen + sites. All of them have some custom PHP.ini config, mainly adjusting the Upload sizes. On a couple of them, when the custom php.ini settings are in place, certain functions and pages return a open_basedir error, but after removing the custom PHP.ini commands, it all returns to normal functioning. However 80% of the sites which use the exact same code (copied word for word, space for space) work just fine, no issues at all. I cannot seem to figure out what is going on here.

Any help in pointing me to the right place would be helpful.

Thanks

2. FSNTiger

FSNTiger Member

It would also be helpful:
    CentOS 7
    Php 5.6.27
    Fast-CGI
    SuExec
    ISP Config 3.1dev

Server built to howtoforge specs, with modifications to add php 5.6 and other basic settings.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Don't know offhand, but maybe something is causing different php behavior? Eg. "hey, we have lots of memory, so call function A instead of function B". Can you post the php.ini config that you're using and a simple test case? I can try it on 5.6 here (debian 8, system php) if you want.

4. FSNTiger

FSNTiger Member

I am digging deeper to double check, but it looks like in the upgrade from 3.0.X to 3.1 the FastCGI configuration on the server config tab removed php.ini from the ini location. So then each website that had custom ini settings would create a empty (other than the custom ones I added) ini file, so php would use some half baked defaults.