customer access error SSH and FTP used Jailkit.

Discussion in 'General' started by stirk, Apr 11, 2016.

1. stirk

stirk New Member

Good Morning! I'm using ispconfig on a VPS with Debian 8 am having the following problem: When do I create a User shell or ftp enabling jailkit them access the functions normally, however when I bond this same User to a particular clinte ssh and ftp jailkit using the services for work and returns an error "access denied".I would like a help to work around this error, because when not using the jailkit the User has all access to the server configuration files. And that's not interesting in matter of building security.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check taht you do not mix up FTPS (which is secure FTP) with SFTP (SSH) here. SFTP is an SSH protocol and not FTP and therefore it needs an SSH account. To use secure file transfers, select FTPS (or also named FTP over TLS) in your FTP client and not SFTP. So jailkit or no jailkit can not have an influence on FTP when you choose the right protocol (FTPS) in your FTP client.

3. stirk

stirk New Member

already tested with ftp and ssh with WinSCP and the problem persists
    The problem is the following: When I have a usurer without being tied to a client everything works, but when I bond this User to a customer, simply have an access denied error, however when I turn off the same clinte with jailkit he has access so that viewing all directories differently when active jailkit it only displays the web directories. That's what I would like to correct.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Like explained above, the EXACT FTP mode matters here. The problem that you described happens when SFTP is used instead of FTPS as the jailed accounts dont include the SFTP binaries. So you have 2 options, use FTPS in your FTP client as recommended or add the SFTP binaries to the jail if you want to use file transfers with SFTP (SSH).