datacenter migration is done with mirrors for multi-server-setup. How to switch them to masters now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cheecoh, May 7, 2016.

1. Cheecoh

Cheecoh New Member

Hey folks,
    first of all big thanks for this lovely piece of software! Using it already for 4+ years - currently 3.0.5.4p9 on all nodes. Looking forward for the 3.1 version :)

As you can already guess from the description - I migrated my multi-sever-setup into the cloud, which went super-smooth so far.

Right now the "old" master system in datacenter#1 is still up and running. The DNS entries are changed to point to the new datacenter#2 servers. With this scenario my master-nodes are in reality mirrors and my mirrors are now masters but inside the dbispconfig-master database they are still mirrors. How to change that?

I see inside ispconfigs database tables (e.g. web_domain.server_id) that there are server-relations to the old "master" server_id. Is there some kind of magic somwhere when I disable mirroring and remove the old server from the configuration? In the end I expect that e.g. "web_domain.server_id = 1-master" will be updated to "web_domain.server_id = 2-mirror"..

Best Regards

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. Cheecoh

Cheecoh New Member

As an addition I had already the following assumptions:
    • change the config.inc.php on each mirror to use the same server-id as their corresponding master
    • change manually all server_id relations to the new server_id and then simply deactivate mirroring and delete the old server entries (inside the servers-table)