dbispconfig migration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by maileh, Sep 4, 2014.

1. maileh

maileh Member

After installing ispconfig on the new server that i want to migrate to, do i have to import the dbispconfig database from the old server it should have update from the panel dbispconfig.

The reason i ask is after installing the new ispconfig on the new server, the changes on the panel does not reflect on this new server. this is only happen on my web server.

Note
    The changes made for the dns, email is normal as usual, i guess it has to do with the reinstalling of the webserver but i don't know how.

Please help.:confused:

2. maileh

maileh Member

here is the output from running the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php script

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    04.09.2014-16:31 - DEBUG - Set Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    04.09.2014-16:31 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.
    :confused

3. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

You receive these messages as you changed the loglevel to debug on your system. To change the loglevel back to error, go To system > server config and set the loglevel to errors.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

we have several threads here in the forum that describe how to migrate a ispconfig install to a new server, please search for "migrate ispconfig". A ispconfig installation consists of data in the database and also data in config files and the website and mail data. all these parts have to be transferred when you move to a new server.

5. maileh

maileh Member

Ispconfig migration

Thanks Till
    FYI
    I did not search the forum before i migrate my installation, that's why i cause the fuss ... sorry for that. Anyway i have manage to recover most of the stuff and things slowly comes to work again. Only few issues i still have to fix ....

1. Now i can add websites, ftpusers, shell users to the panel and it is replicate to the web server which is a good sign.

2. But i still cannot use the ftp username to ftp to the web server even though it is added as mentioned above.

3. Those websites, ftpuser, shell user that originally exists with the old web server, looks like it is not sync to the new server, fyi i have moved /var/www from the old one to the new one . If i delete on the panel a website, ftpuser, or shell user that was create on the old web server, it is deleted from the list on the panel, but it is not replicate to the currently web server which is the new one. please can you help me ....

4. As i said right now i can only ftp to my new web server only with the shell username, instead of the ftp user eventhough it is replicate to the web server

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is importnat that you use the exact ispconfig database content on the new server then you had on the old server. If thats not the case, the replication is broken and new ID#s might be assigned to items, so this cant be repaired without restoring the database on the master and slave server.

7. maileh

maileh Member

1. i have the mysql dump from the old server and restore it to the new one. Is that what you say here

2. I think my situation is the latter. Sorry for this, actually what i did is add ftp user under an existing clients and domain, what ispconfig does then is add new ID's with new webX userid, so when i login with it.

Should i delete the original client and add it again so a new id will assign, then re add website, ftpuser, shell user all under the new id then migrate the website data from the old /var/www/clients/clientold/webold to the new /var/www/clients/clientnew/webnew ... is this is a fix or anything else i need to do .

8. maileh

maileh Member

What i simply trying to say is , adding new clients, websites, ftpuser, shell user now is work like charm ... everything add on the panel , then it is replicate to the web server. But if i try to add or delete or edit anything on the panel that was create with the old server, then it does'nt replicate to the current web server ..... like if i want to add another new ftpuser under an old website created with the old web server, it is created, replicated but i can't login with it, which is contrast to the new ftpuser with new client and websites created on the new server, which i can login as mention ealier. any hint :confused: