Debian 7 ISPConfig 3 Apache Cluster

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rickconn, Feb 28, 2015.

1. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Gday All,

I have been looking at this tutorial from 2012:
    Installing A Web, Email & MySQL Database Cluster On Debian 6.0 With ISPConfig 3
    I have read though this a few times now and I am still not clear whether I can achieve what I want.
    I have an existing server in production with Debian 7, Apache, ISPconfig having followed the Perfect server setup.

I have purchased a second server, and would like to build the Cluster from the tutorial above.
    I can not start from scratch with both servers as one is now 'live'.

Does anyone have any ideas whether I can promote my existing sever (server1) to a ISPConfig master server, and follow the tutorial through with a live master?

Thank you kindly.
    Rick

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you´re running ispconfig on server 1 this is already your master-server. server2 can join a multi-server-setup the server 1 as the master. You can use this tutorial even if one server is already a live-system. but keep in mind, that the described setup for a mysql master-master-replikation will not work with current mysql-versions. you can´t set the master-server in the my.cnf. you have to do this in the mysql-console.

3. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Florian030,

Thank you for your time...
    When you say: "you can´t set the master-server in the my.cnf. you have to do this in the mysql-console."
    Do you mean from the command line, via bash and run mysql?

Kind regards

4. florian030

No, enter mysql as root (mysql -u root -p) and enter something like
    Code:
    CHANGE MASTER TO MASTER_HOST='master', MASTER_USER='slave', MASTER_PASSWORD='password';
    You may find additional informations here.

rickconn likes this.
  5. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Florian,
    Very much appreciated...
    Danke

6. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Florian,

I have got most of the way through this, and replication worked. However when I restarted mysql on the slave I got the following error:

Mar 2 09:45:48 server2 mysqld: 150302 9:45:48 [Note] Slave SQL thread initialized, starting replication in log 'mysql-bin.000017' at position 163130464, relay log '/var/lib/mysql/mysqld-relay-bin.000010' position: 163130610
    Mar 2 09:45:48 server2 mysqld: 150302 9:45:48 [ERROR] Slave SQL: Error 'Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'' on query. Default database: 'dbispconfig2'. Query: 'INSERT INTO `server` (`sys_userid`, `sys_groupid`, `sys_perm_user`, `sys_perm_group`, `sys_perm_other`, `server_name`, `mail_server`, `web_server`, `dns_server`, `file_server`, `db_server`, `vserver_server`, `config`, `updated`, `active`, `dbversion`,`firewall_server`,`proxy_server`) VALUES (1, 1, 'riud', 'riud', 'r', 'xxx.mydomain.tld', '0', '0', '0', '1', '1', '0', '[global]\nwebserver=apache\nmailserver=postfix\ndnsserver=mydns\n\n[server]\nauto_network_configuration=n\nip_address=xxx.xx.xx.xx\nnetmask=255.255.255.0\ngateway=0.0.0.0\nhostname=xxx.mydomain.tld\nnameservers=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4\nfirewall=bastille\nloglevel=2\nadmin_notify_events=1\nbackup_dir=/var/backup\nbackup_dir_is_mount=n\nbackup_mode=rootgz\nmonit_url=\nmonit_user=\nmonit_password=\nmunin_url=\nmunin_user=\nmunin_password=\nmonitor_system_updates=y\n\n[mail]\nmodule=postfix_mysql\nmaildir_path=/var/vm
    Mar 2 09:45:48 server2 mysqld: ail/[domain]/[localpart]
    Mar 2 09:45:48 server2 mysqld: 150302 9:45:48 [Warning] Slave: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY' Error_code: 1062
    Mar 2 09:45:48 server2 mysqld: 150302 9:45:48 [ERROR] Error running query, slave SQL thread aborted. Fix the problem, and restart the slave SQL thread with "SLAVE START". We stopped at log 'mysql-bin.000017' position 163130464

Looking for any clues.
    Not sure if adding: slave_skip_errors = 1062 is a good idea...

Thank you

7. florian030

Skipping an error keeps the replication alive but you loose data. ;)

The error occours because you have data in dbispconfig2. I think, you missed a step duing the setup.

8. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your time.
    I have somehow managed to have an dbispconfig1 on both the server1 and server2.
    When I do a mysqldump on both of them they are exactly the same.

Should I remove the dbispconfig2 from the slave (server2)?
    I can not tell you whether I have missed a step, though I did follow the first 8 steps of the install from debian 6, where I am on debian 7.

Another issue I have come up with is at the end of the tutorial:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/installi...ase-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3-p5
    It says at the top:
    "Log into ISPConfig on the master server with a webbrowser:"
    "Click on System > Server Services > server2.example.tld:"

When I log into server1, and follow the steps server2 is not listed.

If you have any more thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Rick

9. florian030

Did you let server2 join an existing setup?
    There are only some differences for a cluster-setup against a multi-server-setup: you need different local database-names, create a mysql-master-master-replcation between server1 and server2 and make sure, that interface/lib/config.inc.php is the same on both servers.

rickconn likes this.
  10. rickconn

rickconn New Member

Hi Florian,

As it is now, I can go on server1:8080 and server2:8080 and I so see the same data.
    Having never used ispconfig in this way before, I am not sure if it is or isn't working correctly.

Are you employable to have a look, or are there others here who are?

Again, thank you for your time, its very kind of you.

Rick

11. florian030

Just create a new website an check the result on both servers?