Debian Etch Released

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by till, Apr 8, 2007.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Ben,

I'm not so sure if I have Etch on my server!
    ISPconfig did show Debian 4.0 when doing the upgrade, but all other "test" are showing me that I'm still on 3.1

Code:
    php -v
    PHP 4.3.10-19 (cli) (built: Mar  5 2007 20:46:29)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
    The apt-get update, apt-get upgrade did not update the PHP to 4.4.8.

When I do an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade now I get this:

I'm in ther UK at the moment (to far from my servers to fix things if needed).
    As soon as I'm back home, I'll have a go at the "real" update with "dist-upgrade" and some luck

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

Hey guys, I just felt the consequences of this decision. I can't login anymore into ispconfig. it gives me these errors:

How can I fix this? this is extremely urgent, I know its my fault, but please HELP :)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats the result of answering "Support MySQL connections from hosts running Debian "sarge" or older?" with no. But thats easy to solve.

Just run:

apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev

Then download the latest ISPConfig version and run setup to update your installation. ISPConfig will recompile your PHP so that it supports your new database version.

4. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

THX :)

I'll try that immediately. I installed the newest ispconfig before upgrading as I had read it fixed compatibility with etch. So this means that when I updated ispcfg, it installed with support for the sarge version as at that time I was running sarge...

actually it would have been better to upgrade ispcfg after upgrading to etch... maybe you could specify that in the changelog as it seemed logical to me to upgrade ispcfg first then sarge => etch, just a proposal anyway thx for helping.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I am almost there. Now when I try to logon I always get ERROR 101: Wrong username or password...

what could still be wrong???

Configuration file `/etc/mysql/my.cnf'
    ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.

-> N

Here I chose NO, I wanted to keep my old optimized config file... the databases are runnign fine, its just that I can't login to ispcfg with any user

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can you check if the ISPConfig database is existing and what is in the sys_user table?

7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I exported all databases before these upgrades, but I did not have to import them as all sites are perfectly working after the upgrade, its just ispcfg not working, so somehow I doubt its the DB, but I'll check as soon as I am home...
    In the worst case I would have to import the ISPCfg database later on... anyway I did not change anything so the backup should contain the latest data...

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the mysql password in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php is correct.

9. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

the password for root is ok, still not arrived at home to check the content like falko advised...

found a pc and db_ispconfig is empty.
    I will try and import now.

WORKS.

thx a lot

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  10. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

@till: What I forgot to ask, is there a problem if www-dir is still set to /home/www instead to the "new" /var/www (I just read anyhwere here that this has changed for new installs since one ispconfig version), when I want to upgrade?

11. falko

No, that's no problem. After the upgrade, ISPConfig still uses the old values. :)

12. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

13. edge

Anyone here who migh know if it's possible to do the apt-get -u dist-upgrade, and keep the good old Apache 2.054 instead if the new 2.2.3 version?

I've got an application that (for now) does not work with the new 2.2.3 version :/

14. falko

15. edge

Thank you falko,

I'm at the moment getting really close of running the application with the new Apache (I've done about 10 test installs now on VMware)

Pinning will be an other option if needed for me.

16. edge

Okay. I'm about ready to do the apt-get -u dist-upgrade

One question.
    At some stage (on my VMware test server) it's wants to configure the uw-imaps
    I have 3 options. IMAP2, IMAP3 and IMAPS.
    IMAP2 and IMAPS are selected.
    Till now I've only used IMAPS (when selecting IMAP2 and IMAPS the system hangs till a ctrl & c is given)

I'm sure IMAPS is only needed, but I would love to know if this is correct.

After that it's asking for a "Enforce port selection" for the uw-imaps. Only option here is Yes or No.
    Till now I've done a Yes, but again I'm not sure if this is correct.

The VMware image is a home made one from the perfect howto Debian Sarge

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  17. falko

Do you use uw-imap or Courier? If you use Courier, then you don't need uw-imap.
    IMAP2 is the normal IMAP on port 143, IMAPS is encrypted IMAP on port 993. IF you haven't used IMAP2 till now, then you probably don't need it.

18. edge

I'm not sure what I'm using on the VMware install (it's only a test server, and not used for email stuff). As far as I remember it's a "copy" of the perfect howto for Debian Sarge.

Is there a way to see what I'm using (again. It's a VWware install on a local system here only used for testing things)

19. edge

Okay.

I've done the update on one of my real servers.

I got two more options that I was not sure of (I selected no)
    Code:
    Configuration file `/etc/crontab'
     ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
       What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
        Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
        N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
          D     : show the differences between the versions
          Z     : background this process to examine the situation
     The default action is to keep your current version.
    *** crontab (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
    and
    Code:
    Configuration file `/etc/spamassassin/local.cf'
     ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
       What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
        Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
        N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
          D     : show the differences between the versions
          Z     : background this process to examine the situation
     The default action is to keep your current version.
    *** local.cf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
    Is this okay? All looks like it's workgin for me, but I need to do some more testing to make sure.

I've also got Coldfusion MX7 on this server, and it was a pain in the a$$ to get that up and runngin..

20. edge

Looking at "/etc/crontab.dpkg-dist", it's good I selected No (got some more custom stuff in my old crontab)
    I do not think that the "/etc/spamassassin/local.cf" is used by ISPconfig.