Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Updated (r1)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by AdykOSu, Dec 22, 2005.

1. AdykOSu

AdykOSu New Member

"The first security and critical bug-fix update to Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 "sarge" has been released: "This is the first update of Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (codename 'sarge') which mainly adds security updates to the stable release, along with some corrections to serious problems."
    Can anybody tell me where can i get that from and some advice on how an update on the OS is made?
    thx in advance!

2. AdykOSu

AdykOSu New Member

i try to update to debian3.1r1 using
    Code:
    apt-get update
    and all it says is
    Code:
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    is there any way to do it manually ? i checked on debian homepage for a manually donwload update and when i do some browsing on the folders, i don't know which i should choose to download :
    Code:
    Index of /dists/Debian3.1r1/main
    Code:
    binary-i386/  , installer-i386/ or source/ ?
    other folders are for "alpha/ , arm/ , hppa/ , ia64/ , m68k/ , mips/ , mipsel/ , powerpc/ , s390/ , sparc/" on both binary and installer! and i don't belive i need any of these!
    which one should i choose for i386?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you have updated your DEBIAN regularily, there are no new updates for you in 3.1r1. To update your server, run these commands:

apt-get update
    apt-get -u upgrade

4. AdykOSu

AdykOSu New Member

i get the same response
    Code:
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    on both cases ( with or without -u ). i just installed debian 3.1. downloaded the .iso cd images prior to install a few days ago. how do i check if i have the debian 3.1r1 version installed or not?
    thx!

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you run the update commands and have no open updates for installation you have the latest version installed.

There is no 3.1r1 version, its simply an updated installer CD that has the same packages that you get when you run apt-get update.