Debian Hosting & Configuration Help Needed

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by jf1976, Jan 17, 2006.

1. jf1976

jf1976 New Member

Hi all,

If I explain my setup first to make things easier.

I’m using an ADSL connection to the Internet on a dedicated Smoothwall firewall with 2 NIC’s.

1 for the GREEN LAN
    1 for the ORANGE DMZ

In the DMZ I have an IP configuration 10.10.10.0-255 and Use my ISP’s DNS servers.

All works great an I have no problems with connectivity, I have build a Debian web server for hosting and followed the guide on www.howtoforge.com then I have installed the ISPConfig package and everything is all going smooth.

On the Smoothwall I have a dynDNS account and have setup the correct forwarding rules so I can http, https, smtp, ftp to my site but I would like to use the wildcard setup and host virtual systems like:

MAIN.ISPCONFIG.DNYDNS.DOMAIN.NET:81 10.10.10.1
    NEWHOST.DNYDNS.DOMAIN.NET 10.10.10.2
    ANOTHERNEWHOST.DNYDNS.DOMAIN.NET 10.10.10.3

And I would like these to be on different IP’s in the DMZ.

Is this possible? If so can someone give me some advice?

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I've never used Smoothwall, so I can't tell you if this is possible... :(

3. jf1976

jf1976 New Member

how do i setup my hosts ?

well how do i setup my vhosts on diffrent ips?
    as im guess that if i use my dnydns.domain.net as the domain part then i can put newhost in the hostname part and i should be able to hit the vhost as bind should tell the smoothwall which ip to send newhost to ?

4. jf1976

jf1976 New Member

i get this error after deleteing a site
    i have emptyed the trash and am unsure how to clear this error? can you help with that?

thanks

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the trash if the domain is still in there. You cannot empty the trash befire the config has been written to disk, this may take up to a minute.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Go to Management -> Server -> Settings and add additional IP addresses there, one per line.
    After you've saved this, you can select from the available IP addresses whenever you create a new web site.

7. themachine

themachine ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

How many Public IPs do you have on your Firewall? If like most home firewalls you have 1 Public IP, then you can only pass traffic for 1 private IP. Therefore, having additional Vhosts on different IPs would be useless unless you wish them only to be internal.