Did SNI support ever make it into ISPConfig2?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wwhtf, Feb 4, 2015.

1. wwhtf

wwhtf New Member

Till et al, I have searched extensively and read a few threads, including this one:
    SNI support? single ip, multiple SSL hosts
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/sni-support-single-ip-multiple-ssl-hosts.39738

My question: Did support for SNI ever make it into any version of ISPConfig2 ?

We have some legacy sites on ISPConfig2 that can't be migrated to ISPConfig3 yet (for various logistical reasons) and I would like to temporarily use SNI with ISPConfig2 if it is at all possible.

Is it possible?

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not sure. SNI needs no configuration, so if you are able to add a second website with active ssl for an IP, then it supports sni. But is the apache version on that server new enough to support sni.

3. wwhtf

wwhtf New Member

Till, the apache versions etc should all be new enough (running Debian Squeeze on this server):
    - Apache/2.2.16

I got the impression from your post here that not only the OS/Apache had to be new enough, but you had to put the support into ISPConfig2 (you say "we can add this feature in ISPConfig") .... am I wrong? Does it only need the support from Apache?

Please kindly confirm.

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

SNI needs no additional configuration on the apache side. But it might be that ispconfig 2 will not let you activate a second ssl site for the same IP. I dont have any ispconfig 2 installations anymore, so Icant tell you. You will have to try it. In case that ispconfig does not allow another ssl vhost, then copy the port 80 vhost of that website, change port to 443 and add the sl cert options and then add it to the httpd.conf file manually.