Disable old PHP versions

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Mar 19, 2024.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    as this is something that frequently happends with php version i wonder how do you handle such cases when a php version goes EOL? Can i simply remove the old version from ISPConfig and uninstall the related packages, and if i do so, what happens to the webspaces that had the old version configured?

I try to create the process on how to handle these cases.
    • Inform the customers that use an old version month ahead of time that the Version goes EOL and i no longer supported by us
    • On the mentioned date remove the PHP Version from ISPConfig
    • Uninstall the Packages
    Any thoughts on this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Remove it from ISPConfig and then uninstall the packages. Just take care that no website is still using it :)

pyte likes this.
  3. pyte

As the web_domain table does not hold the version string, is there a simple way to list all webspaces that use a specific version?

4. michelangelo

michelangelo Active Member

Helmo is afaik working on such a feature (have a look at git.ispconfig.org) and this might be part of the next minor ISPConfig release, but in the meantime the only way to get a listing would be - afaik - to write a select query for that, so you can view and export such a listing via phpmyadmin.

5. pyte

Well thats what i was trying to do :) But i figured out that field "server_php_id" in web_domain is what i was looking for, i just missed before.

till likes this.