disable stats - awstats

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by anandx, May 18, 2020.

1. anandx

anandx Member

When installing ispconfig i didn't opt to setup / install any stats. Now through cron I am getting following mail every few mins

18.05.2020-12:53 - WARNING - No awstats base config found. Either awstats.conf or awstats.model.conf must exist in /etc/awstats.

I do not want any awstats or the required cron. Checking crontab, I can't seem to figure out how to completely disable this. Can you please guide ?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no option to not install statistics software, its a requirement to install it as outlined in the installation guides. Your system currently does not match the minimum system requirements to run an ISPConfig server, so all kinds of errors are expected to pop up. Go back to the install guides and install the software you left out. If you don't want to run statistics on a specific site, then set statistics to none in the site settings.

3. anandx

anandx Member

Ok I will install the missing rpm. Should I be running anything else to make sure it gets recognized ?

P.S.: By default each domain being imported / created has Afghanistan as the country set. Is that due to any missing package or something i missed setting up ?

4. till

Check if installing the package is enough. If not, you'll have to run an ispconfig update and choose reconfigure services = yes. to overwrite the old config.

Domains in ISPConfig have no country setting. You probably mix up domains and clients here. Most likely your old panel has no matching setting and in this case, the first setting in alphabetical order is displayed when there is no setting available.

5. anandx

anandx Member

I hope there will be no issue of any problems in working as we have already taken this box live.

That should have been shared when I bought the migrate tool. Btw i am migrating from cpanel.

Now its a problem to edit each one manually. Is there any cli tool where i can automate this ?

6. till

If you did not edit any config files managed by ISPConfig manually, then there will be no issues. if you edited them and you did not made the manual changes update-safe by creating modified config templates in conf-custom folder, then the manual changes in the config files will get removed.

I guess it is obvious that features and data that do not exist in CPanel can not be migrated and defaults will be used on the more modern target system instead. The country setting does not matter for anything as not even the client can see it, but you can alter the country globally in the client table of the ISPConfig database with phpmyadmin, because unlike CPanel, ISPConfig is based on a modern relational database.

anandx likes this.
  7. anandx

anandx Member

We edited the dovecot file to enable it to read compressed Maildir, and also changed in postfix config (which is already using dovecot) to save bzipped mail. We will make a note of them, and redo them if required.